NE1 else with a clutch vibration?

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
I'm full of questions (or something else if you ask my wife!!) I was wondering if anyone else had a vibration in their clutch that seemed to be most evident at reasonable speed, say highway speed? I used to have the shudder starting out in 1st gear, but that seems to have gone away. Instead, I feel a vibration while engaging or disengaging the clutch while in motion. Kinda a high speed vibration that I feel directly in the pedal. If I engage/disengage the clutch from a stop, the action is smooth. Any ideas???

Allan

PS per request and as I promised.....

:p :beer:

Matt03

Established Member
My car is in the shop right now getting a new clutch and flywheel put on. I had a bad thumping sound when the car was sitting still and the clutch seemed to feel very loose when i would shift. They said the thumping sound was the fork in the clutch banging against the bellhousing. This is the third time it has been in for various clutch problems!

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
This sounds very much like what I had experienced. It is a VERY noticable vibration when pushing the pedal in and out. It seemed to happen when ever I pushed the car hard. I really think that was a glazed clutch. The problem went away after a 1000 miles, or so. Of course it was gone just when I finally got around to taking it to the dealer and going on a test drive to show the tech the problem. I tried like heck to get it to act up, but it wouldn't. All I accomplished was scaring the crap out of the tech. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread