NAV DOHC Intake Flange

baby_gonzo

Established Member
I'm putting a 5.4 DOHC out of a NAV into my 66 F-100, and looking to make a sheet metal intake. Does anyone know where I can get a set of flanges to mate to the heads out of 304ss? A quick google search didn't come up with anything. I know MMR sells the adapters to run a coyote intake, but I have some serious hood clearance on this thing, so I want to take advantage of that.

Thanks in advance.

baby_gonzo

Established Member
That is one of my options I am keeping open.

1. GT500 lower$$$$
2. 03 Cobra lower with adapters$$$
3. Unfornuately, with how the engine sat in frame, had to run exhaust forward...so Im leaning turbo

daustin

Established Member
I put a Sullivan Performance carbureted intake on my 5.4L Nav motor in my '55 Ford. Maybe you could contact Sullivan Performance and see if he can do some flanges for you. I have the opposite issue. I have no virtually no hood clearance.

bb6952543021a70b0c522e5df58d0628_zpsll402yrn.jpg

59307eb0c764aa426fa9cce83a8f4353_zpsvsthlfym.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
How about just running the full Navi manifold? It would look awesome smoothed and chromed. You could also use the lower half and build off of it.

baby_gonzo

Established Member
Daustin, are you running carb, or did you inject it? Right now, I am planning on running the Ron Francis wiring harness...that way I can use the auto with one ecu.

daustin

Established Member
Daustin, are you running carb, or did you inject it? Right now, I am planning on running the Ron Francis wiring harness...that way I can use the auto with one ecu.

Carb. I have Stand alone transmission controller made by powertrain control solutions (for my 4R70W). I wish I had the hood clearance you do. If I did, I would have kept this dual carb setup I had on there.

ACAD217B-9ED9-422F-82E8-93B936954627_zpsviikbi8a.jpg

Last edited:

baby_gonzo

Established Member
Daustin...that is SICK! Someone not too far from me has a KarKraft single that would bolt to my lower, but they are little high in price for me to jump on. I love that dual setup.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I believe the Navi intake is aluminum yes? If that's the case, you could always cut the flanges off of the intake you have. That does have the disadvantage of making the intake you have scrap instead of a piece that can be sold, but you would know 100% that the flanges were correct to the heads.

baby_gonzo

Established Member
My local pick a part gets navs pretty often. My issue is I only have dc tig...doesnt do aluminum. Hence, looking for 304ss. Next time LKQ has a 40% off day, it wouldnt hurt to get an extra lower.

daustin

Established Member
Daustin...that is SICK! Someone not too far from me has a KarKraft single that would bolt to my lower, but they are little high in price for me to jump on. I love that dual setup.

Yeah, the KarKraft looked really good, but it just wouldn't work without cutting a hole in the good; I wasn't willing to do that. It's gonna be a tight squeeze as it is with the Sullivan intake and low profile air cleaner.

This KarKraft setup was sold to a guy that put a nav motor in his '64 Falcon Gasser. He bought it before I even had it off the car. Haha

I really need to start working on mine again. I need to get the steering linkage fabricated with my shorty column. The driver side head sits directly in front of where the stock column would go through the firewall and I have a rear steer rack and pinion conversion. That and reworking the firewall to be able to fit the brake booster and master cylinder. Once those are tackled, everything else "should be" straight forward. Probably shouldn't have said that........

Last edited:

baby_gonzo

Established Member
Yeah...seemed to be the only outfit that is still in business with an upper to go onto nav lower. They also have the adapters to run a coyote intake.

Users who are viewing this thread