Nations Alternator

GoGreen04

Established Member
For those of you who have installed the Nations Externally regulated alternator I have a question for you. I just put one in over the weekend and it is reading at 15v on my volt meter. I've read people being able to adjust them from 13v to 19v. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the voltage?

Also I've mounted the regulator here for now, hopefully this spot will be ok.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441075502.276157.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441075522.408582.jpg

GoGreen04

Established Member
Also is running the alternator at 15v ok? Wonder if it will cause any harm to the battery or the fuel pumps, have the return style setup from lethal. I am not very good when it comes to electrical stuff.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I've heard others say they had to go and get the car re-tuned when the bumped up the voltage a bit. Hopefully others will chime in. I'd be glad to just get a steady 14V out my car.

TRBO VNM

Call Nations. I bet they say dial it to 14.5v. You need to make sure the battery reads 12.5-12.8 with car off. Then start it and turn it down to 14.5v if that is what they recommend. There is a little white screw you use a small flathead. It is on the regulator.

I would recommend putting the regulator down in the fender. the issue with the stock one seems to be heat. By leaving that in the engine bay it will still get hot on top of the heat it generates. The one I did I put in the driver fender need the horns.

Although I need to send it all back. high rpm the battery light flashes. So they want to see the unit and figure out what's going on.

GoGreen04

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. So TRBO VNM, you are able to adjust the regulator with the car running?. I had the battery tested and it's at 12.6v. I believe cold crank it's right around 12.5. I would like to dial the regulator to 14.2

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. So TRBO VNM, you are able to adjust the regulator with the car running?. I had the battery tested and it's at 12.6v. I believe cold crank it's right around 12.5. I would like to dial the regulator to 14.2

the numbers you are shooting for are right on.

12.6 is a fully charged battery.

13.8-14.2V running is what you want.

TRBO VNM

I am just telling you what Nations told me to do. So I would call them and ask. They said any closer to 15v and you would start having issues with the rest of the electrical system.

Users who are viewing this thread