National Parts Depot - Ocala, FL | 9 Acres of Awesome Ford Parts | Car Guy Heaven

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
National Parts Depot - Ocala, FL | 9 Acres of Awesome Ford Parts | Car Guy Heaven

NPD_Nov22_405.jpg

We’ve all been there at some point. You’re at Disney World with the family, or SEMA with the crew, and you come to the realization that there’s no way in this world that you’re going to manage to see everything there in a single day. That’s the experience I had recently when the guys at National Parts Depot turned me loose in their Ocala, FL warehouse. This place covers something like 9 acres under roof and contains more parts for your Ford than you can possibly imagine.

I guess the best place to start this story is at the beginning, which would be meeting NPD’s Ford Product Manager Matt Laszaic at a random Mustang show about a decade ago. While discussing seemingly everything Ford related, Matt threw out an invitation to come check out the NPD HQ. Since that time they’ve become one of SVTP’s biggest supporters, and I’ve visited their FL facilities several times. However, I’ve never given you guys a behind the scenes look at just what makes this place so special.

National Parts Depot is a business that finds unparalleled success in doing things their own way. While most companies prefer to drop-ship from various suppliers, NPD has four massive warehouses situated across the country which house literally millions of parts in stock; ready to go. If you’re local to them, you can simply walk in and pick up anything from something as small as a set of distributor points to something as large/delicate as a windshield. Their crew will just pick it off the shelf in the back and hand it across the counter to you. This not-so-short video should give you an idea of the scale of the Ocala facility:

In an impersonal world of purely digital transactions, NPD offers a welcomed old-school approach to commerce. They have actual live sales staff on hand to 24 hours a day to handle your questions/orders. And for those who like something tangible to peruse during their downtime, NPD has paper catalogs for every vehicle model they support. However, for those who prefer the convenience of online ordering their website is top notch.

We spent an entire day looking through the parts warehouse (which is split between Ford and GM parts) and NPD’s Owner’s personal car collection. It was an absolute privilege to be turned loose and allowed to just soak everything in. This is not a museum; it’s a working distribution center and a personal car collection. Therefore, we were on our best behavior. We’ll be releasing videos (lots of them) from the collection in another thread, so stay tuned from that. But here’s a little preview of what you’re going to see:

If you guys are in need of parts for your classic Ford (up to 2004 on Mustangs), or even GM (we try not to judge), definitely check out National Parts Depot. Great products, great prices, and great people; they have it all.

Check out National Parts Depot's Website

NPD_Nov22_396.jpg
NPD_Nov22_397.jpg
NPD_Nov22_398.jpg
NPD_Nov22_399.jpg
NPD_Nov22_400.jpg
NPD_Nov22_401.jpg
NPD_Nov22_402.jpg
NPD_Nov22_403.jpg
NPD_Nov22_404.jpg

-SID297

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is an absolute amazing warehouse facility. One of four actually. Wow! Great video, Travis. My mind was blown this morning.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've ordered a few things from them for my '66. I received what I ordered in a reasonable time. Their selection is pretty good.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Family owned. I believe the son runs it full time now. He is a good guy and long term forum member at the other GT500 forum.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Just drove from Naples up to Amelia and back for the concourse (done this twice now), Ive wanted to stop in and see this, while passing through......

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
That is horse country up there. I’ve heard great things but unfortunately have yet to visit. Someday for sure.

Just drove from Naples up to Amelia and back for the concourse (done this twice now), Ive wanted to stop in and see this, while passing through......
Are you visiting Naples or live here cause it says Masshole.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I had a chance to watch the you tube video over the weekend.

That place is clean.... Very nice stuff too.

I wish their (NPD) website was more user friendly to find parts with them. I have used them a few times, but I just seem to hit a wall when trying to search for parts unless using the exact perfect part # to search. Plus as we know Ford changed the #'s in that era all the time, even if just a letter or 1 number different.

I am definitely going to put them on my radar again for parts again with seeing all the stuff they had.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I had a chance to watch the you tube video over the weekend.

That place is clean.... Very nice stuff too.

I wish their (NPD) website was more user friendly to find parts with them. I have used them a few times, but I just seem to hit a wall when trying to search for parts unless using the exact perfect part # to search. Plus as we know Ford changed the #'s in that era all the time, even if just a letter or 1 number different.

I am definitely going to put them on my radar again for parts again with seeing all the stuff they had.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I just use the model/part tree search. I know there's no way I'm going to correctly remember part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread