NASCAR Bans Confederate Flag

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
They also said that they are not requiring teams to stand during the national anthem. They are allowed to peacefully protest during the pre race event. I really thought NASCAR would not do this. My last hold out for sports is baseball, hopefully they won’t do anything like this.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
lol, soooooo they thought rule changes and leaving certain tracks was a bright idea... now youre going to tell a bunch of southern boys and girls they cant fly the Confederate flag? ... at a NASCAR event...

lmfao thats going to go over real well with the dwindling fans that attend and watch on TV.

So much for the 1st Amendment.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I remember the days when it was the Winston Cup and you'd get tons of free cigarettes at the races even if you weren't a smoker. I think I also got cans and cans of free chew there too. Fortunately I never used the poisons but still, free was nice.
You werent missing much with the Winstons. I bought a pack when I was out of high school ( used to be a big fan of NASCAR... i know) and wouldnt you know it, it was the worst goddamned cigarette I ever had. There were some no name brands that were better than Winston.

No wonder they had to become the series sponsor for the NASCAR's Cup series.. anyone that smoked knew how terrible they were.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I am surprised they finally did it. They had a program where they would go around and offer to trade a Confederate flag for a US flag for a few years now. NASCAR is trying to expand their fanbase and sponsor base beyond the SouthEast. Nothing will turn a potential fan or sponsor away faster than seeing the confederate flag waving, especially after the recent Kyle Larson incident. When you are trying to get a company to sponsor a car that costs $30million a year to run, the companies you can go to are getting more and more limited.

Recon

Established Member
lol, soooooo they thought rule changes and leaving certain tracks was a bright idea... now youre going to tell a bunch of southern boys and girls they cant fly the Confederate flag? ... at a NASCAR event...

lmfao thats going to go over real well with the dwindling fans that attend and watch on TV.

They don’t take too kindly to that around here. Several trucks fly the Rebel flag in my area. I’m maybe 10-15 minutes from the monument of the Confederate President, and I believe there would be armed rednecks ready to defend it if someone wanted it gone. NASCAR is really messing up on this decision.

Pick your poison.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

Yup...nascar has bigger fish to fry, but they instead need to appease one person and at the same time appease people who arent even fans...

Users who are viewing this thread