NASCAR Bans Confederate Flag

RES0574

Established Member
I agree it is up to the shot callers as asinine as it may seem. Are the tracks property of Nascar though or would these places be considered "leased" for each race or what?
NASCAR did not own the tracks until 2019. For example, Richmond was owned by International Speedway Corporation, but then NASCAR merged with ISC. It was owned by Paul Sawyer before ISC purchased the property.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, the ANV Flag is the flag you are referring to is the flag that everyone gets worked up about. It was later incorporated into the upper left hand corner of the 2nd and 3rd National Flag of the CSA. The First flag is the "stars and bars" as you have shown.

I have the RE Lee Headquarters flag in various forms of public display. In the 15+ years I have had these shown, 8 people have correctly identified the flag.

I remember years ago someone corrected me on the flags, so I was going by memory and a quick look up of the stars and bars.

What if you did a mosaic pattern over the battle flag? Or how about a union jack flag? Trump flags okay? LOL, I can keep going all day long.

I know, a white flag with lettering on it that says (without the quotes)

"THIS IS THE FLAG THAT YOU THINK IT IS"

Better git ur black skinny jeans and combat boots on, and ur hoody laced up tight for THAT flag....

lol

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
NASCAR did not own the tracks until 2019. For example, Richmond was owned by International Speedway Corporation, but then NASCAR merged with ISC. It was owned by Paul Sawyer before ISC purchased the property.
I think before the merger of ISC and NASCAR the only track owned outright by NASCAR was Iowa Speedway.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, fly the flag of Norway at NASCAR events!

download.jpg

Close enough to piss off the sensitive, and different enough to get a pass.

E

Users who are viewing this thread