NASCAR Bans Confederate Flag

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The current "Cancel Culture" does not care about 1A rights (freedom of speech). They only care about cancelling out what "they" don't agree with. It's bad now, and will get worse. If you think that our 1A rights (free speech) are protected, you need to pay attention to what's doing on all around us. Just sayin! Here's an article worth reading. People are getting fired from jobs just by saying "All Live Matter". Really?
Chris Wallace shares warning on 'cancel culture': It could turn around real quick

chagan02

Established Member
If you don't like what they are doing don't watch or attend the events.

Exactly. All of them (NFL, NBA, NASCAR, etc) are betting that this season is a loss already due to COVID. By the time next season rolls around, people with return to watch. I’m betting NASCAR has done the research and calculated that the risk is worth the reward. That is probably true for the vast majority.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

08mojo

Established Member
I'd be willing to bet there are more confederate tattoos vs actual flags at a NASCAR race. I wonder if they'll ask for teh tattoos to be covered up. Frankly, I've been to one NASCAR race, and I saw a lot of things that should have been covered up...

nickf2005

Established Member
Always funny to see the people that don't understand what/when the 1A applies lol.
The current "Cancel Culture" does not care about 1A rights (freedom of speech). They only care about cancelling out what "they" don't agree with. It's bad now, and will get worse. If you think that our 1A rights (free speech) are protected, you need to pay attention to what's doing on all around us. Just sayin! Here's an article worth reading. People are getting fired from jobs just by saying "All Live Matter". Really?
Chris Wallace shares warning on 'cancel culture': It could turn around real quick
The fine line here is what protections the 1A actually gives us. The government isn't arresting people for flying the flag. A private entity is enacting a policy for its business. We may not like it, but it's not actually unconstitutional.
I'd be willing to bet there are more confederate tattoos vs actual flags at a NASCAR race. I wonder if they'll ask for teh tattoos to be covered up. Frankly, I've been to one NASCAR race, and I saw a lot of things that should have been covered up...
Ain't that the truth. We camp near a shower house so there's a lot of foot traffic in the morning... yikes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickf2005

Established Member
Apparently the masses are taking your advice.

Even out here with a big track the sport doesn't seem to have the aura it had 15-20 years ago.
Exactly. This was my comment around the Indy 500. 300,000 people. 15,000 people partying in the Snake Pit, not even watching the race they bought a ticket to.

Brickyard... 30,000 people total if they're lucky? Track sucks for NASCAR. Did make for an easy in and out the last 4 years. Day at the track is better than a day at home.

Kudos for them trying the road course in July, albeit nobody will be allowed to go even if they wanted to.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny how people fly all these other flags that support their lefty causes but don’t seem to cause widespread outrage... not saying I’m a confederate flag waver but the pandering is getting old.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly. All of them (NFL, NBA, NASCAR, etc) are betting that this season is a loss already due to COVID. By the time next season rolls around, people with return to watch. I’m betting NASCAR has done the research and calculated that the risk is worth the reward. That is probably true for the vast majority.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I disagree.

These SJWs do not care what the customer wants. It's bolshevik marketing. Sell what you want people to buy until they want to buy it.

Just look at major video games, movies and comic book franchises that have been absolute commercial dumpster fires because of ham-fisted SJW politics.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The fine line here is what protections the 1A actually gives us. The government isn't arresting people for flying the flag. A private entity is enacting a policy for its business. We may not like it, but it's not actually unconstitutional.
Ain't that the truth. We camp near a shower house so there's a lot of foot traffic in the morning... yikes.

But it is eroding our American Cultural values.

We're in Bizzaro World when it's acceptable to wave a Soviet Flag but not a Rebel Flag.

railroad

Established Member
How long before, Bubba is allowed to win a race. It is unfair for NoNutsCar to not give him a win. Maybe he can get a pit man to untwist his panties at pit stops.

Now they do not have to honor the flag of America.

Owners cannot race without sponsors. Sponsors pander to anyone with a dollar.

Someone tell me who the sponsors are I will be black balling, because I have watched my last race.

RES0574

Established Member
Personally I'm kind of impressed a clansman can read. Since you didn't deny it or anything
Its "klansman", with a "K". Have you ever met real klansmen before? They are not all ignorant, inbred southerners. You may be surprised how many of them are educated, and ingrained in their local communities playing the role to not draw attention, while supporting a conflicting agenda.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Its "klansman", with a "K". Have you ever met real klansmen before? They are not all ignorant, inbred southerners. You may be surprised how many of them are educated, and ingrained in their local communities playing the role to not draw attention, while supporting a conflicting agenda.
Well said. Almost seems like...

Users who are viewing this thread