NASCAR Bans Confederate Flag

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Watching the race right now....they were just hugging Wallace's nuts and showing his pre race "this is the most exciting and important race of my life"

04svtsnke

Established Member
**** it then, they should ban the American flag then too. Let's just go all out while we're at it!
All this over the upstanding citizen George.

You’re being disingenuous. You know it’s about way more than one guy being murdered in front of a dozen people over one fake twenty dollar bill.

It’s a business move just like half of the cop shows being taken off of the air permanently. Southerners are going to hate it but what else are they going to watch, the nba?

04svtsnke

Established Member
Not a nascar fan by any means... but I'm fascinated by the butthurt over this in forums. Not just here but others as well.
When you take something away from an American that they like or tell them something to do that they don’t like, you’re taking away their rights. You do something they don’t care about much( people’s lives being taken by the good ol boys), it is what it is/what dirt can we find on the person to justify the killing. Typical of American culture.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
So NASCAR has been on a steep decline since the golden days around the millenium.
They want to bring NASCAR back to what it was, by pissing off what's left of their fanbase?

I mean, I'm far away over in Sweden and even I understand that the only people who watch NASCAR these days are southeners. Nationalists in the deep south.
Don't they see it?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Watching the race right now....they were just hugging Wallace's nuts and showing his pre race "this is the most exciting and important race of my life"
I’m surprised they didn’t wash his feet. He lost sponsorship a few months ago for quitting in the middle of a race. I am sure this is a way for him to be relevant again.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So NASCAR has been on a steep decline since the golden days around the millenium.
They want to bring NASCAR back to what it was, by pissing off what's left of their fanbase?

I mean, I'm far away over in Sweden and even I understand that the only people who watch NASCAR these days are southeners. Nationalists in the deep south.
Don't they see it?

Pretty much. They have eschewed their traditional fanbase for the last 20 years in order to court a wider audience. Now they are practically to the point where they can't fill half the stands at Bristol (you used to have to get on a waiting list to buy tickets).

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yeah when Neckcar thought it was great messing with the points system (the whole chase and so saying only the top 12 was to advance) and now the stupid stages the old guard that kept the sport afloat from the 1950's to early 2000's are gone. Again when they went with that chase that is when everyone else should of packed up the trailers and told them there is your chase hope you keep the true fans around.

I told one person years ago. That you mean to tell me that the 13th or where ever the cut off was would win the rest of the races straight up and he could never advance while the first place guy could finish 43rd and DNF and all he would do would drop to 12th and no more. That is when I said I was done and have never looked back once (Long live IMSA Weathertech!!). Instead of keeping things that worked they all want to throw it all away to go for that casual fan. Well guess what they are called casual for a reason, and so you are seeing the fruits of that every weekend with those wide open seating areas at tracks across the nation minus California and Las Vegas.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm getting a real "South will rise again" vibe

Tell me, how hard is it to keep y'alls white robes clean when you ride a horse?

619F7-609yL._SL1196_.jpg

nickf2005

Established Member
Yeah when Neckcar thought it was great messing with the points system (the whole chase and so saying only the top 12 was to advance) and now the stupid stages the old guard that kept the sport afloat from the 1950's to early 2000's are gone. Again when they went with that chase that is when everyone else should of packed up the trailers and told them there is your chase hope you keep the true fans around.

Well, they either died, are dying, or too old to care anymore for the most part.

I take this as a grain of salt. If you go to an actual race, you realize that its not like there was this flag everywhere. Sure, there were a some, but minority for sure. My perspective comes from 10 years at Talladega.

They're doing everything they can to attract more fan base. I'd go out on a limb that they'll attract more with this move than they turn away from the sport. That's my guess.

My wonder is how theyll actually draw up this policy. I understand they can turn away people at the gate, but are they going to police campgrounds? Thats where you see flags the most, not in the stands.

End of the day, I don't really care about the points... I just wanna see fast cars go fast and drink beer. That's becoming the popular opinion of many who are attending Dega the last 6-7 years. The die hard Earnhardt fans (Dega's staple) are slowly disappearing, Jimmy is on his way out, and new drivers are making their way in.

Look at the Indy 500. Do you really think 300,000 really care a out that race? Nope. They want to party. NASCAR is trying to figure out how they can attract a party and sell tickets.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread