NA Coyote limits

brainpa

Established Member
Hey guys. Been looking at getting into a new Coyote and have a question.

We all know putting a power adder on theses motors, which they love, produces big numbers.

But I was wondering what the current limits out there are on a maxed-out naturally aspirated motor? Who is pushing the limits and what are the results, both in real world numbers/performance and reliability?

Surely we have tuners out there getting big numbers on a heads/cam package.

Any input appreciated.

stang8psi

Established Member
500-520. Talking High compression, high revving, heads and cams and full exhaust, intake manifold.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
What he said, about 500rwhp

With that being said...your knockin on FI territory by the time you get done

itSSlow98

Established Member
Buddy who owns a shop made 520rwhp and went high tens. Hes got a lot of time in the tune and such and thats pretty much max effort so unless he goes FI hes done.

SCalla1384

Established Member
CasperGT made 460rwhp with his auto, boss intake, e85 and headers. I think he actually made like 470rwhp. I would think with ported heads, cams, CJ intake and a 6 speed, you could need close to 550rwhp.

boduke0220

Established Member
CasperGT made 460rwhp with his auto, boss intake, e85 and headers. I think he actually made like 470rwhp. I would think with ported heads, cams, CJ intake and a 6 speed, you could need close to 550rwhp.

+1 if a c headed 4.6 based motor can make over 550 i know the coyote can.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
We did a build a while back with what's now our coyote stock car. It made 550 RWHP.

[youtube_browser]X1dP4B7DVcQ[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]Lb-Hd4A0O7o[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
We did a build a while back with what's now our coyote stock car. It made 550 RWHP.

[youtube_browser]X1dP4B7DVcQ[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]Lb-Hd4A0O7o[/youtube_browser]

What cams are in that car? And is it a full built high comp engine, or just headwork super light weight and ftw fuel?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Its got our JPC/RGR Stage 2 heads, JPC/RGR Custom Ground Cams, and JPC/RGR 318ci rotating assembly. It's a fully built engine from top to bottom built specifically for this purpose.

In the video I go over the car pretty well in the beginning. It was run on Shell URT Advance and the car weighted over 3000lbs.

2012GT/CS

Established Member
I put down 459rwhp with only boltons I havn't evan dynoed with my boss intake and coil packs yet.

20130428_180722_zps2f69b4c2.jpg

stang8psi

Established Member
Its got our JPC/RGR Stage 2 heads, JPC/RGR Custom Ground Cams, and JPC/RGR 318ci rotating assembly. It's a fully built engine from top to bottom built specifically for this purpose.

In the video I go over the car pretty well in the beginning. It was run on Shell URT Advance and the car weighted over 3000lbs.

using limiters for the cams? I asked but got no real good response on any questions I asked about.. was going to order a set but from the responses wasn't sold.. are they re grinds or are they comp cams with new specs?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The limitations is the size of your wallet and patients you have to look for HP.

If you would have told me in 96 that an NA 4.6 2v would make over 550hp I would have called you crazy. It wouldn't surprise me to see these engines to keep putting out even more impressive performances.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I put down 459rwhp with only boltons I havn't evan dynoed with my boss intake and coil packs yet.

Dont waste your time with the coil packs

using limiters for the cams? I asked but got no real good response on any questions I asked about.. was going to order a set but from the responses wasn't sold.. are they re grinds or are they comp cams with new specs?

Im not sure what your referring too

This car has and all the above... Limiters, Lock outs, and Stock. So the answer would be yes and no.

The cams in this car are reground comp cores. so they are built of a larger profile then our 899 stock regrinds.

Cams like this car has would cost $1699 its a straight custom piece designed for your combo.

AT the time of this video i think the car had lock outs. i can verify

holy shit. That's crazy.....in for build on that

It a Bad Ass Engine Thats for sure

Users who are viewing this thread