N2MB wot box testing.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Here are two quick pulls short shifting testing the no lift feature of the n2mb wot box. the no lift timer is set to 175ms. i will lower it to 150 or 125 for even quicker shifts. you can hear on the video that the bov stays closed during the shifts so there is 0 boost drop between gear changes and the shifts them self are pretty effort less and quick. oh and you can see the shift light come on on one of the vids for a split second =) its pretty bright

the 2 step is on the second video towards the end.

[youtube_browser]tzsVmpugLHY[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]tF1NamdNqsk[/youtube_browser]

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Thats a damn slick setup for a boosted application. Feel wierd no lift shifting?

it does feel a little weird because i am so used to not powershifting the mt82. But after you do it a couple of times it becomes pretty natural and its really effortless because you are not making the synchros do all the work.

i am going to start getting something together for a really sick launching setup for the manuals. I have the idea on my head but i am still trying to figure out the hardware for getting it done. think of it as launch control lol.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Is that the stock bov? Maybe my car is too loud but mine doesn't flutter like that.

yes that is the stock one without the little air filter. i think i have to loosen the spring a little bit for it but i have been lazy about it.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
OP sounds pretty good.
I will possibly pick one up over the winter.. how was was the install?

This thing pretty much makes a manual almost as fast as an auto.

the installation is pretty simple. If you dont want to go thru the same mistake i made you will need to count the pins on the ecu plugs to make sure that you tap into the correct wire. there are multiple wires that are the same color on the middle and bottom plug which almost drove me crazy because i didnt count the pins at first and just went by wire colors. but the installation is very simple. it takes about one hour or so to install. the instructions on their website are from a gt500 but everything is the same on the 2011+ gt so you can go by their instructions. and a laptop is also a great thing to have to program all the settings to your liking.

Oh and i installed a shift light which cost about 10 bucks or so. all you need is a standard serial cable and an led light. radioshak has everything you would need and you can have a nice led light or multiple led lights as a shift light and you can set it at what ever rpm you want. also another cool feature is the rev limiter. it cuts ignition which is pretty cool and it could also be set on their software to whatever you want.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
^^^^ Very nice!

Wow so basically you can even control your own redline? that's nice! Seems like it has alot of features for the price...

yep it has alot features. it also has a window switch that could be use for meth or nitrous which is also really cool. for 200 bucks you get alot of cool features.

Pred_mech

Established Member
2 things.
I want to say the fluttering means you need a bigger bypass valve.

You have 4.10s on a stick Paxton car?....That's not a real puppy.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
2 things.

yeah. 4.10 right now. i have 3.31s at the house. i was going to install them last weekend but weather sucked and this weekend i have been drinking to much. maybe next weekend. as for the bov it might be to small but thats the one that comes with the paxton kit. i have not poped a boost pipe yet though and im using the crappy worm gear clamps that came with the kit so its venting enough

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Sweet. Warning to anyone buying this I ordered from the actualy n2mb website and am getting a run around 11 days later saying they aren't built yet. I should have just ordered it from a vendor.

j21

Established Member
2 things.

Hmmm mine flutters like like that with the tial bypass when Im anywhere around 6700 rpm

qcksnake

Established Member
These work good. Good explanation on wiring as well op. I set mine at 75ms, I always used the SCT two step on tune when on nitrous. When I went turbo I needed an rpm cut on 2-step to build boost so the no-lift feature was a bonus. These work really well on turbo setups.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
These work good. Good explanation on wiring as well op. I set mine at 75ms, I always used the SCT two step on tune when on nitrous. When I went turbo I needed an rpm cut on 2-step to build boost so the no-lift feature was a bonus. These work really well on turbo setups.
damn 75ms must be a crazy quick shift. i guess i will have to try that LOL.

Does this device cause any dash lights?
no it does not cause any lights. If it throws misfire codes you will need to contact your tuner and they can change something on the ecu (strategy/tune) and you will be fine.

one thing i did not mention and i dont think that it would be an issue to many of the people here is that if you have cats this will destroy them pretty quick.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That device did not work on my 12 and have heard similar reports from others a while ago but nothing lately. Maybe the newest firmware fixed it. I sold mine to a guy with a turbo'd 08 and it worked for him.
Neat little box, great idea if it functions as advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread