N.O.S. #5115 Kit

MoonshineBWI

The Tunaking!
Established Member
Has any one installed a #5115 kit on a Gen 2 and if so what, if any, problems did you have. I'm kinda worried about fuel delivery!! I know the kit is made for the 5.0 but I was told it would work fine with the 99 Lightning by N.O.S. Are they full of it (I am not sure how the fuel pressure regulator can handle both boost and nitrous!) or are they correct. Help!! (not so bad actually - I can always stick it on the '89 and make one run - good excuse for a new motor!!)

------------------
White 1999 Lightning
only 2600 miles -license "borrowed" Jan '00 till Apr "01"!!
Mods:
Superchip, Super Stereo (too much to list)
Purchased but yet to install:
Pro-M 80mm MAF, Full Bassani Exhaust, N.O.S. #5115 kit, Caltrac Traction Bars, Pro-Torque torque converter
Plan to install:
Shift Kit, Gauges, Roll Top Cover

1989 Mustang LX
Mostly stock -
B&M shifter, Cam & Exhaust, Stereo, Rust, Peeling paint etc.

S

Spiro@JDM

I would hold off on the N20 for a while. There should be some Lightining specific kits available in the new year. As for the fuel regulator, I think you'll be fine. There are many using the NOS 0115 kit with plenty of luck.

Let me ask you, how do you like that torque convertor?

------------------
Spiro "The Greek"
[email protected]
12.373 @ 110.15
Best 60' 1.76
Tuned by JDM Engineering

Empty Pockets Racing NJ-DE
Launch Hard!!

www.SVTPERFORMANCE.com

Happy Holidays To All
reindeer4_wreathswing_lg_clr.gif

MoonshineBWI

The Tunaking!
Established Member
As it says in the sig it is yet to be installed. I can't legally drive untill April so I'm not in a great hurry right now - that and the traction bars are next though!! Help me with rims and tires (for 1/4 mile obviously). What and where can I purchase?

------------------
White 1999 Lightning
only 2684 miles -license "borrowed" Jan '00 till Apr "01"!!
Mods: Superchip, Pro-M 80mm MAF, Super Stereo (too much to list)
Purchased but yet to install: Full Bassani Exhaust, N.O.S. #5115 kit, Caltrac Traction Bars, Pro-Torque torque converter
Plan to install:Shift Kit, Gauges, Roll Top Cover

1989 Mustang LX
Mostly stock - B&M shifter, Cam & Exhaust, Stereo, Rust, Peeling paint etc.

TampaBayLightning

The 5115 kit works well....

------------------
Rich
1999.5 SVT Lightning - Red. 100HP Shot NOS, BellTech 3/4 drop, Super Chip(TRAC). K&N Filter. Viper Alarm w/remote start, Sir Michael's roll pan, smooth corners and steps w/billet inserts, clear corner lenses, Cervinis Ram Air hood, ARE Cover w/ wing, Momo billet pedals, cd changer, cover, Phantom boost and nitrous gauges, MTX Thunderform w/ 2 10" MTX Thunder 4000 subs. 5-channel 500w. Clarion amp.(APA5241), (4)Polk Audio 3-way, 130w. DX 7's, Color-matched Muth signal mirrors, Soundproofed cab, BedRug, Trenz billet grills, Piaa 9007 Super Whites, etc. Build #2755
[email protected]

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/tampasvt

2001 PT Cruiser - Limited Edition
1999.5 Expedition XLT

J15BIG

Established Member
NOS Kit for lightnings

05112 (A,B) 5.4L Supercharged 1999-2000 Ford Lightning (COMING)

I just sent an email to NOS asking when it will come out.

J15BIG

Established Member
whad they say.

They just said that its still not available. They didnt give me any dates or anything. But, I did find the so called developers of the kit, SO-CAL perforamance, and they have it available. The price of the kit is $570. Its a 125HP dry shot. I dont know if its adjustable or what. I sent and email to them asking a few questions. One question I asked them was, "Isnt 125HP a lot for the stock engine?", here is their response;

""Is 125 hp to much for a stock engine?
No, not this engine. Ford did a very good job with this truck. The motor is built plenty strong and has more than enough fuel supply. Besides, that is the amount we put into all the LS-1 cars and trucks. They could all handle more but that is a safe, conservative level."

Here is the adress to CO-CAL performance:
http://www.so-calspeedshop.com/index2.html

You can request a catalog and they will send one to you for free but make sure you request a truck catalog becuase they have different types of catalogs.

Users who are viewing this thread