N/A throttle body and ported intake manifold

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Throttle body is a waste of money. I cleared 600hp with a stock throttlebody.

What other mods do you have? A ported intake isn't really worth anything on an otherwise stock set up.

01ssnake

Established Member
Throttle body is a waste of money. I cleared 600hp with a stock throttlebody.

What other mods do you have? A ported intake isn't really worth anything on an otherwise stock set up.

Off road x and catback , underdrive pulleys , JLT fender intake so far , 4.56 gears.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Off road x and catback , underdrive pulleys , JLT fender intake so far , 4.56 gears.
So basically stock really. IMO you don't see a need for a ported intake until you add cams and need the extra RPM. Or cubic inches like I did on my old set up.

What's the overall goal? Depending on the power level you might be better off saving for a blower.

01ssnake

Established Member
So basically stock really. IMO you don't see a need for a ported intake until you add cams and need the extra RPM. Or cubic inches like I did on my old set up.

What's the overall goal? Depending on the power level you might be better off saving for a blower.

definately looking for high 300s in terms of power . Blower is a good idea but I’m maxed out with stock internals so I hear. I think I’m gonna run cams in the near future. Maybe then I can throw some intake stuff on im thinking

Badaz01

Established Member
definately looking for high 300s in terms of power . Blower is a good idea but I’m maxed out with stock internals so I hear. I think I’m gonna run cams in the near future. Maybe then I can throw some intake stuff on im thinking
Maxed out with stock internals. No way a stock internal 2001 cobra can handle upwards of 450 rwhp with proper fuel mods and tune. And yes just a throttle body is not really worth it by itself but I do believe it’s part of the whole as far as a supporting mod. I have a jlt fender intake kit, bbk 68 mm throttle body, intake spacer, longtube headers, bbk catted x pipe with straight pipes on out. Also have a custom tune with handheld tuner. With these mods I am putting down 310 rwhp and 318 rwtq. For my set up a procharger with 8 psi of boost and conservative tune will safely put me in the 425 to 450 rwhp range all day long.

coposrv

Established Member
Dollar for dollar an NA 4v doesn’t really do it for me. Unless you’re doing the work yourself all the bolt ons and custom cams from Todd are much more expensive than a gently used centri kit and the centri will make more power and give you room to grow.

I would find a centri kit and run that while saving or building a spare motor.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread