Established Member
I have a 2000 Mustang GT with:

-75 mm Accufab tb/plenum
-Hi Tech stage II N/A cams
-Long tubes, off-road X, cat back
-King cobra clutch/aluminum driveshaft/3.73 rear
-Tune etc

I am currently at 302/306 to the tire.

I want to add a blower and after some research I think I'm going to go with a centrifugal.

My question is...am I okay to supercharge an N/A cammed vehicle? Obviously I will have to get rid of my under drive pullies and upgrade my fuel pump/mass air/injectors...

I would be happy with making around 400rwhp with a blower at first and then maybe rebuilding the motor with stronger internals and changing the cams later.

Any help or advice is appreciated guys! Never ran forced induction on an N/A car.

Thanks!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
90% of the people out there still have stock cams with a blower.
You're aftermarket cams will be fine but yes there are more efficient blower cams.

For your 400hp goal you should be fine.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Okay cool. Thanks for the advice guys. Looking to wake the GT up because I'm a bit bored with it and drive it a lot more than the cobra.

Any and all blower advice is much appreciated!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Modular Head Shop has great blower cams, they received great feedback over the years on the forums.

2V Terror

Established Member
The cams you have, even tho they are NA cam, are still better than stock cams. Therefore they will make more power than stock cams. Just like if you added aftermarket blower cams to a NA engine, that engine would still make more hp than with stock cams. I would say if you know what you're doing, then get some cams that are more blower friendly and throw them in. Otherwise, you'll have to pay a shop to do the install and it might not be worth it on a stock bottom end engine.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
The cams you have, even tho they are NA cam, are still better than stock cams. Therefore they will make more power than stock cams. Just like if you added aftermarket blower cams to a NA engine, that engine would still make more hp than with stock cams. I would say if you know what you're doing, then get some cams that are more blower friendly and throw them in. Otherwise, you'll have to pay a shop to do the install and it might not be worth it on a stock bottom end engine.

Okay I gotcha. I installed these cams myself a while back so I will be able to throw some blower cams in at some point. But...exactly what you said, may not be worth it on a stock bottom end. I would like to slap a blower on and upgrade the fuel system...roll around with about 400 wheel (which I think my mods will be able to achieve) and then when I'm ready down the road, build the motor and upgrade to blower cams.

All this advice is very helpful guys. Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread