N/A C7 + E85.. Thoughts.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
So as some of you may know (or not) I have an M7 1LT C7 w/ LT's, O/R X, and 91 Tune.
Currently puts down 451/453 at the wheels. Hoping for ~475/485 WHP/WTQ on E85.

I just ordered TWO M.P.S.S. 305/35 rear tires (in transit/ amazing deal online) and a DSX E85 Flex Fuel Kit (in transit).

My question here is with E85.
Does anyone have any experience with the DSX E85 Flex Fuel Kit and running E85 on a daily driven C7?
Tuners in the Orange County, CA area that tune C7's for E85?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
So as some of you may know (or not) I have an M7 1LT C7 w/ LT's, O/R X, and 91 Tune.
Currently puts down 451/453 at the wheels. Hoping for ~475/485 WHP/WTQ on E85.

I just ordered TWO M.P.S.S. 305/35 rear tires (in transit/ amazing deal online) and a DSX E85 Flex Fuel Kit (in transit).

My question here is with E85.
Does anyone have any experience with the DSX E85 Flex Fuel Kit and running E85 on a daily driven C7?
Tuners in the Orange County, CA area that tune C7's for E85?
No Idea on the power, but DSX makes a great kit. Running one currently.

Quik Z06

Established Member
IMG_1743.JPG
Any reason you didn't just go with a supercharger? I know everyone has different taste etc but by the time you do all that you could have done a blower and made more power. I installed an A&A supercharger and methanol on mine and at 6 psi make 610 to the wheels and it's all CARB legal. A&A Corvette did the install and tune and I couldn't be happier. They are in your neck of the woods...

Zemedici

Established Member
I wouldn’t worry about E85 on a NA application unless you’re just going for every hp possible NA....id put a blower on it first and then go E85 and make a huge difference

Kiohtee

Established Member
I wouldn’t worry about E85 on a NA application unless you’re just going for every hp possible NA....id put a blower on it first and then go E85 and make a huge difference

This, regardless of platform. Unless you can do the E conversion using the same fuel system and tune pricing. Otherwise no.

That's why my otherwise FBO 5.0 still runs on 93 pump. Lol

Machdup1

Established Member
View attachment 1461219 Any reason you didn't just go with a supercharger? I know everyone has different taste etc but by the time you do all that you could have done a blower and made more power. I installed an A&A supercharger and methanol on mine and at 6 psi make 610 to the wheels and it's all CARB legal. A&A Corvette did the install and tune and I couldn't be happier. They are in your neck of the woods...
This. Vette's love boost.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Most of my LS powered cars I have done the same thing, FBO, H/C/I...won’t be dicking around, wasting time and money with that shit on future cars, just go FI from the start, save time and money.

CobraKid04

Established Member
This man is speaking the truth

Depends what you want to do with the car. Boost is great for the street and straight line speed, but what about the track/ autocross. H/c/I cars is clearly the better option.

I went cam and nitrous so I could go N/A for auto cross and track, then nitrous for that moment on the street.

If your going all out na, sure do the E85. I would have gotten stickier tires if you really want to put that power down.

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Depends what you want to do with the car. Boost is great for the street and straight line speed, but what about the track/ autocross. H/c/I cars is clearly the better option.

I went cam and nitrous so I could go N/A for auto cross and track, then nitrous for that moment on the street.

If your going all out na, sure do the E85. I would have gotten stickier tires if you really want to put that power down.

Well said

nxhappy

Established Member
e85 for NA is a waste of money. Different story if boosted ...

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
View attachment 1461219 Any reason you didn't just go with a supercharger? I know everyone has different taste etc but by the time you do all that you could have done a blower and made more power. I installed an A&A supercharger and methanol on mine and at 6 psi make 610 to the wheels and it's all CARB legal. A&A Corvette did the install and tune and I couldn't be happier. They are in your neck of the woods...

Bottom line it comes down to money.
A blower (edlebrock CA legal) will run $7k+. I installed the E85 Flex Fuel kit myself ($290 part) and will be getting an E85 dyno tune on the 30th for $650. 35+ WHP/WTQ for under $900.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
This, regardless of platform. Unless you can do the E conversion using the same fuel system and tune pricing. Otherwise no.

That's why my otherwise FBO 5.0 still runs on 93 pump. Lol
The C7 E Flex Fuel conversion is cake. Only reason I did it is due to the $ to benefit ratio.

Well said. I actually just upgraded to 305/35/19 Michelin Super Sport tires (non runflat) the tire definitely places power down better than the 285/35/19 Michelin Super Sport ZP (RunFlat).

Quik Z06

Established Member
Bottom line it comes down to money.
A blower (edlebrock CA legal) will run $7k+. I installed the E85 Flex Fuel kit myself ($290 part) and will be getting an E85 dyno tune on the 30th for $650. 35+ WHP/WTQ for under $900.

A&A Superchargers are CARB legal. On the Vette forum right now a guy is selling the same blower I have with a 3.8 pulley, and headers for $4k. That setup, you add meth and the car would probably be 650+ to the wheels. To each their own, but once you get that done you'll want more power and end up spending more. I'm at 610 and want more...eventually I'll do some drop in pistons and rods, upgrade to a Ti blower and shoot for 750+

Users who are viewing this thread