Mystic's and Insurance

scothew_gt

Established Member
Hey guys, I was just curious. I think my insurance provider has my 96' Mystic listed as green or something to that affect. I believe that is what the dealer put on the papers since I bought it used.

Should I have my insurance agent list it as Mystic so that if something happens I wont have any greif from them about having to paint it with such an expensive paint?? If they list it and realize how much more it would cost, would my rates go up?

thanks for the input.

Scott

NastyWS6

Established Member
your rates should not go up just because of the color. but it wouldn't hurt to make sure they no, unless ofcourse they do not need that information.

93CobraPwr

SVT Veteran
Established Member
I asked my INsurance agent, and there are absolutely no differences in insurance rates with state farm based on color. They recognize the VIN # , but the mystic itself doesnt exsist. Mine is good for a worth of 15k, and they will fix it correctly.

My title shows color purple , thats what i picked at least!:rolling:

Boosted32V

Established Member
Your Ins. co will honor that special paint. Only 2000 Cobra's were made for 96, so they are pretty rare. It is a pain in the butt to get color too. You have to find a BASF dealer in your area and then they will give you a form to send to FORD (c/o SVT) and they will send a BASF REP out to your bodyshop where the vehilce is located, Identify the VIN# and then tell you how much you need and ship the Mystic Paint to your shop at 265.00 a pint + Hazerdous Shippint bringing the total to 325.00 a pint before your body shop mark-up...whew!! BTW a pint will paint 2 to 4 panels on any given Cobra...'H':shrug:

93CobraPwr

SVT Veteran
Established Member
You do not need a BASF rep to come and verify your car anymore, it was too much of a hassle.

I got my paint through a local dealership, and it was 300 with the hazardous shipping charge for a pint. You can paint a lot with a paint, you dont always need to paint, you can blend, and your painter if any good will know that

Users who are viewing this thread