Mystic Sale Advice

bgreen

Established Member
Hey guys I have a mystic that has some mods and 125k miles........I have had it since march and got all the kinks out other than some paint issues. Im wanting to sell it and pay off some debt. What do you guys think is a good price? The roof and hood have some fading and the fog light area has some cracks. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

redrocket16

Established Member
It's going to need a complete repaint door jams and similar spots. If someone who knows what the paint cost is they won't want to go back with actually mystic paint unless they get the car for a huge discount. Paint is 650 for a pint. Without seeing how far gone it is or any other parts it's tough to say a price, but I'll throw a 4-5k out there

bgreen

Established Member
Paint issues are only on the hood and roof.......the remaining parts of the car are actually really great.

Ford1288

Established Member
The cars just aren't that valuable anymore man. They need to be mint to get more than 7-8k. 5500 would be a good seller and buyer price.

brucesvt

Established Member
Honestly selling a Mystic is very difficult because of the paint. Trust me people are scared off because the paint is so expensive. GLWS you have a great car but beware of the lowball offers. With the sale ad try to be as detailed as possible with the issues and take the pics of the issues.

Last edited:

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I'd say it also depends on where you are located. CA seems to command a premium for cars in general to other parts of the country.

redrocket16

Established Member
Damn so you guys are suggesting give it away?

Paint is huge on mystics and add that with the milage it's not going to fetch a high price point. The new owner if they desire a quality mystic will need to repaint the entire car and then have a 125k drivetrain. It's just not realistic to get anything over 7k for it IMO.

Knowing what I know about the paint I wouldn't touch a mystic with paint issues unless I got a killer deal. As I posted the paint is damn expensive at 650 just for a pint.

bgreen

Established Member
Im honestly just trying to get $6500.....I paid 7k for it on here in March and the guy said the paint was perfect and when it got here it was far from that along with several other issues but I know im going to lose my ass so what can you do.

bgreen

Established Member
Yeah lessoned learned on buying unseen for sure....hate that it happened on this website but it doesn't mean all sellers are shady.

Users who are viewing this thread