Mysterious acceleration drop

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I was coming in to work this morning and was really getting on it...full throttle to 6 grand then speed shift to third going around a gradual curve and the car goes

WUUUUUUUNNnnnnnnhhhhh

...and the rate of acceleration stayed constant. No drop off, no pick up, just constant. So, I lifted and got back in it immediately and it accelerated normally.

The only mods I have are a K&N, the PostBan hood mod, the trac adapt (turns Trac Control off...pushes the button for you essentially), and a harness bar with a couple SaBelts to keep me planted in the corners.

Any ideas guys? I hate it when cars don't perform like I know they should... :gt:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Fuhgeddaboudit. I went out and checked the TC and it defaulted to on when I turned the ignition switch...looks like the Trac Adapt is not foolproof 100% of the time.

They do give you lots of cheesy wire taps to install it. One of my projects this weekend will be to solder all the connections from the trac adapt to the wiring harness to ensure that this isn't the problem.

IOW, the TC kicked in and pulled timing, the problem in my first post. Arrrgh. :bored:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Joe: I hear ya, man. I have just gotten into a pre-flight check, like in my old attack helo flying days:

1) Seat belt: Check
2) Oil pressure: Check
3) Warning lights: negative. Check
4) Traction control Bypass engaged: check

Ah, Roger, CAV-03 (Cobra Attack Vehicle 2003), you are cleared for departure. Godspeed, Good Huntin'.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
Joe: I hear ya, man. I have just gotten into a pre-flight check, like in my old attack helo flying days:

1) Seat belt: Check
2) Oil pressure: Check
3) Warning lights: negative. Check
4) Traction control Bypass engaged: check

Ah, Roger, CAV-03 (Cobra Attack Vehicle 2003), you are cleared for departure. Godspeed, Good Huntin'.

Funny but effective!

x2svt

Established Member
My Cobra has done this 3 times and it is BONE stock and all 3 times I was getting on it at 80MPH on the HWY...Plugged CATS? Car was warmed up.

MoPony

Established Member
Hey cobra pilot .I was a Cobra AH-1j mech. and P/C when I was in the usmc .That was 1 badass chopper!

Users who are viewing this thread