My work caught fire.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member

It hit the shop which thankfully is not connected to the office.
It sounds like the fire originated under the hood of a tractor and spread to the ceiling. First responders called a second alarm and hazmat thanks to all of our... acetylene and propane tanks just being stored there. No injuries but I watched them work from home using my ip cameras setup to see what was going on with the news being too vague.
Looks like I lost my secondary MDF
I'll try and get some picturers tomorrow.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Glad no one was hurt.

I think I heard through the grape vine that this guy was seen running from the immediate vicinity though

milton-office-space.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thankfully nobody was hurt and it didn't end up being much worse. Ie. with the tanks exploding.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
20140304950953580_zps54hq2o90.jpg

It'll buff out... right?
That international is cooked...
I work at a regional truck line. It was the main shop where our trucks are worked on.

I manage IT for them.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
That happened at my buddies body shop and they were displaced for a year. Came back to a almost brand new shop after all their hassle though

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
From one IT guy to another, Im sorry to hear that. its scary how sometimes shit that we dont even deal in can affect our roles and positions outside of labor and the day to day.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
There are a half dozen other trucks that are now yellow and black instead of white and blue.
Preliminary estimates on just equipment alone is over $100k, so far they are saying at least $200k to the building alone, the roof has more holes than Swiss cheese. They cut into one of the garage doors in an x knocking in the lower part, it looks like wolverine broke in. I inspected my mdf room over there, mainly smoke damage. I'm not sure if my dvr and cameras survived yet. I'll try to get more picks later after I finish moving phone and fax lines back to the main terminal.
And it was not a planter, we only hire experienced drivers, not some rookie with a new cdl, fresh out of the wrapper. Insurance costs to insure new drivers is outrageous. Besides our closest terminal is 4+ hours from Denver, Wichita is 7 to 8.
From one IT guy to another, Im sorry to hear that. its scary how sometimes shit that we dont even deal in can affect our roles and positions outside of labor and the day to day.

Thanks buddy!
I've been paranoid about data safety here since April of '12 when an EF4 missed us by less than a mile. I wanted to put a nas over there for backup just incase fire or something hit the terminal. It's far enough away I've got fiber between the two but I decided against it because the odds of a fire in the shop were much, much higher than a violent tornado taking out the terminal.

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
20140304_170720_zpssy1jv3xw.jpg

20140304_171113_zpshx77s896.jpg

20140304_170934_zpsiydxqtqs.jpg

20140304_171322_zpsozzmc1hw.jpg

20140304_172236_zpscun3cqms.jpg

This was a clock.

20140304_172310_zpsz9mcpnwz.jpg

Where the truck that burned was parked.
20140304_171651_zps1g39wij2.jpg

A dodge truck grill, it was on the truck which was parked farthest from the fire other side of the shop.

20140304_171127_zpssfmd0ysc.jpg

Wolverine?

20140304_171055_zps9ivdogkz.jpg

Windshield popped out.

The burnt out truck was towed away before I had a chance to look closer at it.

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
did one of the employees complete a repair on the tractor that would have caused this? If so, that sucks. burnt shop and total burn tractor. Glad no one was hurt in the process.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
thats crazy man. got crazy hot man. this trailblazer came into dealer this week. It was in the driveway of a house fire and did all this. Looks like the dodge grill from way across the shop. Fire is some crazy stuff!!

1957454_718451791528545_734925692_n_zps677d911d.jpg

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
did one of the employees complete a repair on the tractor that would have caused this? If so, that sucks. burnt shop and total burn tractor. Glad no one was hurt in the process.

We still don't know exactly what caused it but we are fairly certain it was electrical since it was locked up in the shop with no one around for a couple hours before it started burning. I'm not sure if it was caused by faulty work or just failed/or damaged part.
3 other tractors in the shop at the time had their plastic body panels partially melted but they were only cosmetically damaged and were on the road by this afternoon.
thats crazy man. got crazy hot man. this trailblazer came into dealer this week. It was in the driveway of a house fire and did all this. Looks like the dodge grill from way across the shop. Fire is some crazy stuff!!

1957454_718451791528545_734925692_n_zps677d911d.jpg

Yes it is! it is weird how the fire acts. The holes burnt in the roof were not directly above the fire, but 10 feet away over another stall near the office.
My dvr looked like it survived, once I'm allowed in that office I plan on taking a look at the security video.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread