My weekend toy

RUNVS?

Established Member
Back in July of 2020, my regular cab, short bed, F-150 XL Sport was special ordered through Beechmont Ford in Cincinnati, OH. It was built at the Kansas City truck plant, then shipped to Beechmont's Special Vehicle Team, which is where the magic took place.

Once there, the Beechmont technicians stripped off the original Coyote V8 intake and induction system, then replaced it with a Whipple 2.9 liter Gen IV supercharger, NGK iridium plugs, 55 lb. injectors, a 3-gallon heat exchanger, and a hi-volume fuel pump / regulator. Tuning was performed with Whipple's Tomahawk V1 programmer and as advertised, the motor produced 725 horsepower and 660 lb/ft torque. Since taking delivery in September 2020, I have changed out the 4.00-inch blower pulley for a 3.75-inch pulley. The 4-incher provided 9 lbs. of boost, whereas the 3.75 pumps it up to 11 lbs.... 12 lbs. when the ambient air temperature drops below 55 degrees. That said, power output is now in the 770 HP / 700 TQ range.

Not only do I have to run 93 octane unleaded in it all the time, I also throw in a 32 oz. can of Torco Accelerator with every 20 gallons, which provides 98 octane in the tank.... just to be safe. The CPU programming is closed loop, so it constantly adjusts for fuel octane and quality. The better the fuel, the more aggressive the tune. A/F ratios are typically 14.2 at cruising speed and 11.3 at WOT.

I chose to keep my truck's appearance as tame and docile as possible. No fancy wheels, paint, or graphics. It even has the factory, whisper quiet, single-exit exhaust that adds to the sleeper effect. If it weren't for the UnderCover hard tonneau, 2-inch drop shackles, BedRug bedliner, and ceramic window tint, it could easily be mistaken for your everyday landscape or public utility work truck. I've also added a pair of 265/65/17 Michelin radials in the back (1-inch wider than the stock 70s). The wheels are Ford's generic 6-spoke silver painted aluminum F-150 wheels.

The truck is quite comfortable and runs smooth and extremely quiet, until you hit the gas hard...then all hell breaks loose. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, 0-100 in 8.6 seconds, and as delivered, quarter mile times in the low-mid 11s at over 120 MPH. It will hit 100 MPH amazingly fast for a 4,160 lb. truck and it just keeps pulling well past 120.

I like to think of this truck as a Shelby Super Snake F-150 without all the fancy Shelby gear, or the $105,000 price tag. As a matter of fact, this one cost less than half of what a Shelby would run and the drivetrains are identical. No, it doesn't have an 1,000 watt sound system, powered high-back bucket seats, metallic paint, chrome wheels, performance exhaust, or a numbered Shelby plate on the dash. And no, it doesn't have the cool factor that a Shelby F-150 brings with it. However, I did not find those things to be worth an extra $60,000, so this is what I ended up with.... and I couldn't be more pleased.

2020_ford_f_150_framed__a72d7791a2f9afb115d748b559c78ab3c335747f.jpg

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
We just need to cut your bed and throw an enclosure in the bed with about four 12's and about 8,000 watts and lots of lithium ;)

Great Looking Truck! Enjoy!

LS WUT

Established Member
Back in July of 2020, this regular cab, short bed, F-150 XL Sport was special ordered through Beechmont Ford in Cincinnati, OH. It was built at the Kansas City truck plant, then shipped to Beechmont's Special Vehicle Team, which is where the magic took place.

Once there, the Beechmont technicians stripped off the original Coyote V8 intake and induction system, then replaced it with a Whipple 2.9 liter Gen IV supercharger, NGK iridium plugs, 55 lb. injectors, a 3-gallon heat exchanger, and a hi-volume fuel pump / regulator. Tuning was performed with Whipple's Tomahawk R6 programmer and as advertised, the motor produced 725 horsepower and 660 lb/ft torque. Since taking delivery in September 2020, I have changed out the 4.00-inch blower pulley for a 3.75-inch pulley. The 4-incher provided 10 lbs. of boost, whereas the 3.75 pumps it up to 12 lbs.... 13 lbs. when the ambient air temperature drops below 55 degrees. That said, power output is now in the 770 HP / 700 TQ range.

Not only do I have to run 93 octane unleaded in it all the time, I also throw in a 32 oz. can of Torco Accelerator with every 20 gallons, which provides 98 octane in the tank.... just to be safe. The CPU programming is closed loop, so it constantly adjusts for fuel octane and quality. The better the fuel, the more aggressive the tune. A/F ratios are typically 14.2 at cruising speed and 11.3 at WOT.

I chose to keep my truck's appearance as tame and docile as possible. No fancy wheels, paint, or graphics. It even has the factory, whisper quiet, single-exit exhaust that adds to the sleeper effect. If it weren't for the UnderCover hard tonneau, 2-inch drop shackles, BedRug bedliner, and ceramic window tint, it could easily be mistaken for your everyday landscape work truck. I've also added a pair of 265/65/17 Michelin radials in the back (1-inch wider than the stock 70s). The wheels are Ford's generic 6-spoke silver painted aluminum F-150 wheels.

The truck is quite comfortable and runs smooth and extremely quiet, until you hit the gas hard...then all hell breaks loose. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, 0-100 in 8.6 seconds, and as delivered, quarter mile times in the low-mid 11s at over 120 MPH. It will hit 100 MPH amazingly fast for a 4,160 lb. truck and it just keeps pulling well past 120.

I like to think of this truck as a Shelby Super Snake F-150 without all the fancy Shelby gear, or the $105,000 price tag. As a matter of fact, this one cost less than half of what a Shelby would run and the drivetrains are identical. No, it doesn't have an 800 watt sound system, powered high-back bucket seats, metallic paint, chrome wheels, performance exhaust, or a numbered Shelby plate on the dash. And no, it doesn't have the cool factor that a Shelby F-150 brings with it. However, I did not find those things to be worth an extra $57,000, so this is what I ended up with.... and I couldn't be more pleased. 8)

2020_ford_f_150_framed__a72d7791a2f9afb115d748b559c78ab3c335747f.jpg
That’s awesome man. Love the sleeper look. Another gentleman on here did a similar type build, but made his very custom. @olympic
His is twin turbo. Both beautiful trucks, enjoy them gents, and be safe!

ToddW702

Established Member
It must be fun seeing the looks on some of the faces when that truck walks by them. Cool truck.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Might just be the ultimate sleeper!! That package is perfect for what you wanted. And you can wear a wide "I saved $57K" grin all the time. Must be an absolute blast to drive. Congrats! Enjoy!!

MG0h3

Established Member
Are the numbers you’re posting wheel horsepower or calculated crank horsepower?

Slick truck. I know you’re doing the sleeper thing but lowered a little on a drag pack wheel set up would be amazing. If I ever decide to upgrade my daily from my 02’ Focus (lol) this is the top of the list for me.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RUNVS?

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. I've had literally dozens of Challenger, Charger, SS Camaro, and GT Mustang kills. Don't really like to cannibalize other Fords, but I'll take the challenge from time to time. Other kills include a heavily modded Subaru WRX, LS1 Silverado, C7 Corvette, BMW M5, BMW 435, Cadillac CTS-V, and a bolt-ons Holden SS. Oh, and a monster cammed 1970 SS 454 Chevelle.

It ran door to door with a buddy's 2016 Hellcat, but that was before I added the 3.75 pulley and tires. However, he's added Nitto drag radials since then, so it would be interesting to have a re-match.

One of the best kills was the BMW M5. That dude just kept coming back for more. Slapped him down three times in a row until he finally hung a u-turn and went back the other way. Probably traded the car in the next day. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RUNVS?

Established Member
As for the claimed horsepower that Beechmont and Lebanon Ford use in their advertisements (725/675 with the Whipple | 650/600 with the Roush), I'm sure that's flywheel horsepower and torque measured at the crank, not at the wheels. Accounting for ~15% drivetrain loss, they'd have to pump out about 850 HP at the flywheel to get 725 at the wheels.

Using the same metrics, 725 HP at the crank should translate to ~608 HP at the wheels. I've never put the truck on a dyno, or ran it at a drag strip.... and probably never will. I use my seat-of-the-pants meter and my RaceBox GPS accelerometer to gauge the performance. How the truck stacks up against the competition on the street offers up a pretty good clue as well.

Since the truck was probably tuned by Beechmont Ford on a dyno, it would have been nice to get a printout of the pull. I just failed to ask for one. However, if I need to check on the engine diagnostics myself, I'll just plug the Tomahawk tuner into the OBDII port and live stream the data. So far, I haven't had to make any adjustments. :cool:

There are multiple links all over the internet promoting these 725 horsepower F-150s. Here's one for Beechmont that went up in late 2020. My XL Sport was $44,802.69 delivered to my driveway.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/l...hp-beechmont-ford-f-150-costs-just-50k-video/

Last edited:

RUNVS?

Established Member
Here is a picture of the two extra blower pulleys I bought for the truck. Each one adds an extra pound of boost, which translates to about 30 extra horses per pound. When ambient air temperatures drop below 50 degrees, it will pick up another pound of boost due to the cold, dense air. The Shelby Super Snake F-150 comes with a 3.75-inch blower pulley and it is advertised as making 770 horsepower.

The 2.9 liter Gen IV Whipple supercharger with the 4.00-inch blower pulley makes 9 lbs. of boost. Mine is currently running the 3.75-inch unit and should be making ~11 lbs. of boost. Someday soon I plan to install an Autometer steering column pod and a boost gauge so that I can monitor the pressure.... especially when it gets cold.

2020 Ford F-150 pulleys (3).jpg

2020 Ford F-150 pulleys (4).jpg

Last edited:

RUNVS?

Established Member
Ford is now offering their Ford Performance FP700 package on their 5.0 V8-equipped F-150 XL and XLT line-up. 700 horsepower and a 3/36 warranty when installed by the dealer.
(see MotorTrend link below)

The black 2023 regular cab, short bed XLT they have in the article was priced quite a bit higher than the white 2020 XL Sport I ordered ($62,545 vs $44,802), but the 2023 had suspension, trim, exhaust, and wheel upgrades on it. Mine also came with a 2.9 liter, Gen IV Whipple supercharger and 725 horsepower. Despite the price difference, it's still a pretty good bang for the buck.

2023 Ford F-150 FP700

2020 Ford F-150 (55).JPG
2020 Ford F-150 (41).JPG

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Compared to the Ford Performance FP700 (below), I prefer yours! Mostly because of the nice front grill. The only thing I'd change on yours are the wheels. I know you want the ultimate sleeper look, but those wheels on the FP700 are sweet.

010-2023-Ford-F150-FP700-front-three-quarters.jpg

2020-ford-f-150-55-jpg.1815085

RUNVS?

Established Member
Yeah, I'm not going change the overall look of the truck any more than I already have. However, I am considering having my rear wheels banded and adding 2-3 inches of width. This would allow for 4-5 inch wider rear tires and still retain the stock wheel appearance.

Traction can be a big problem. I've had my best success in hot weather, with the traction control turned off, power brake to 1,500 RPMs, and gradually go full throttle after releasing the brakes. Still get wheelspin, but it's not excessive and it tracks straight forward.

Cold weather is a bitch. The tires get hard and it picks up extra boost (over 12 lbs.) because of the cold, dense air. Horsepower probably jumps to about 800... you can definitely feel the difference. Blowing the tires off from a 35-40 MPH romp is commonplace.

The truck has an electronic locking differential with an on/off switch on the dash, but I've never used it. I'm not sure it was designed for hard launches on concrete. The manual says it's for traction limited situations, like sand or mud. The last thing I'd want to do is throw all that horsepower and torque at it, if it's not meant to handle it.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
LOVE your truck!!

What is that performance meter you have mounted on the dash? Link?

Users who are viewing this thread