My VMP GEN2 STG2 install on a 2014 GT auto

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Ijlz8zz.jpg

gAUNoyo.jpg

WWi4is6.jpg

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Stopped for today tomorrow will finish connecting the battery up. Re check all connections and check the fuel pressure and hope it starts up.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
It is alive of course I had a couple of leaks did not tighten the compression fittings tight enough.
I also set the fuel pressure to 56 psi per Justin @ VMP]]

HBLqpe9.jpg

Zona14Stang

Established Member
My next project in three weeks.

IGtCfWp.jpg

bncXf9j.jpg

ffVlcP2.jpg

Justin gave me a new tune have to datalog soon
Car is running great.
Still debating on new intake cams we'll see.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Crazy in the ATI balancer they give you 6 Torx PLus (IP35) bolts and in the instructions explicitly tell you that you have to use a IP35 bit otherwise they will strip. I can not find a IP35 bit anywhere. WTF :) I sent them and email might call them later. Otherwise will use a normal Torx instead of a torx plus.

Just talked to them and they say it should be a IP40 it is not at least the IP40 in the OTC set I just ordered does not fit. So I just went to FASTENAL and bought new bolts. I really need tires that will hook that are 19", on the plus side it keeps me honest on the gas :dancenana: :thumbsup:

Also Justin's updated tune removed my bog that I had he said it was a tip in issue. Going to wait until the OPG's are done to do more data logs and really cranking it up then a last dyno run.

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Had my O/R pipes installed and rear tunnel brace

I had

Express Oil Change and Service Center

1325 W Warner Rd
Tempe, Arizona 85284

They are on Warner on the south side just east of Priest.

do the install and they also installed the Hpipe.
This place and San Tan Ford are the only places in the valley here in Phx that I trust to work on my car. I am anal I know but these crazy things are expensive!

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I finally did the MMR OPG, Super Damper, and MMR Timing sprocket.

Unfortunately I have free time I just joined the ranks of the unemployed my entire group was terminated they wanted to relocate back to corporate Bummer!!
Well here are the pictures

But first I installed the Raxion Nav w/sync upgrade.

I checked all my pistons out using my neighbors bore scope and they all look great.

DSC_0306.JPGDSC_0306.JPG
It took a couple of days to do since I was not in a rush.
Definitely take a lot of pictures when taking everything apart I forgot where the post bolt went since I used blazer How to guide which is awesome! But that has pictures
of a naturally aspirated car so some of the bolts are different since now they are holding on the new pulleys.
I hope to dyno it soon.DSC_0318.JPGDSC_0318.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0389.JPG
    DSC_0389.JPG
    782.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0353.JPG
    DSC_0353.JPG
    871.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Rex Racer

Established Member
I just spoke to Aaron over at JPC racing regarding the fuel system. I have pretty much decided to go for the fully assembled kit (with rails) and upgrade to ID1000's. I am sure there is overhead there, but I rather have that "problem" than running lean.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I just spoke to Aaron over at JPC racing regarding the fuel system. I have pretty much decided to go for the fully assembled kit (with rails) and upgrade to ID1000's. I am sure there is overhead there, but I rather have that "problem" than running lean.
Sounds good. I do not see any gain using the rails unless you get a good deal. Are you going to upgrade the pulley and the TB as well? Also if you are going to do the fuel system I would really consider doing the OPG's. Since now you are going to be in the High 600 rwhp range. I don't think you want to risk the OPG's if you are going to add all the other things. Good luck with it. You will love the E85 though it is night and day from the 91 oct.

Rex Racer

Established Member
When I first started this I wanted to refrain from "upgrade creep", but that has already went out the window. I'll put the OPG on the list.

I will be interested in the gains you see from crappy AZ91 octane to E85.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Thanks now I have to get some 18" wheels and MT. People talk about the 1 piece drive shaft is that necessary for this power level?

Users who are viewing this thread