my unusual exhaust plans

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
Am planning midlength headers w/factory H-pipe w/high flow cats welded in, finishing up with 41/2 inch borla XR-1 "shootout" mufflers to 3 inch tips. Looking to go as loud as I can without going mufflerless.:lol:

-Dan

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
How am I gonna have a low rpm torque loss/hp loss? I'm keeping the cats on, and I'm not upgrading the diameter of my exhaust plumping. The smallest XR1 muffler entrance/exit diameter is 4 1/2inch inlet/outlet. I'm gonna have adapters made to weld my stock pipe up to that opening. You really think I'll loose that much backpressure staying w/the cats?

-Dan:??:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Opps. My bad Dan. I was imaginating that ur going 4 1/2 inch tubing all around :eek:

Well if u keep the cats...that will help out. Plus not to mention the stock diameter of the pipes.

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
Phew.....You had me worried. Lol, I'm definately not trying to go NASCAR w/ plumbing that big. Thats the smalles size I can get the mufflers in, but my pipes stay stock. Long live backpressure!!! Any experience w/any of the Borla XR-1 shootout line? I'm basically looking for a muffler that doesn't "muffle" at all.

-Dan:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread