My turbo build so far

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
brother, I just couldn't get myself to drill a 5in hol in a bumper, just didn't make sense, and everyone does it. Main focus for this build was something different when possible.

the 200 LMR front lip is easy to get again and relatively cheap. some 2x4 and plate steel with a press made the oval easy to make.

Appreciate the kind words, it's been a real roller coaster of emotion building this thing.
I love the build, I know this may sound stupid to some. However thank you for not hacking a hole into the side of your front bumper. The fact you kept it under the chin spoiler, not only saved the bumper, but it makes it sleeper style to me. Cars looks ****ing bad ass dude. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Well the my 315/35 Micky Thompson ET Street SS are spinning in 3rd amd 4th haha. I dropped them down to 20psi then put my konis on full soft. 3rd spins but 4th hooked after a few pulls.

Still getting use to the car but had some fun in the mountains over the weekend.
Screenshot_20221026-204026_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20221026-204100_Gallery.jpeg

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
I've been looking into a Holley setup, I love the dash displays people have and all the sensors you can add. 2step, boost by gear would be amazing.

Long therm I plan to rebuild the heads, Kurgan turbo cams, head studs, oil pump gears and quality timing kit. See how that does then Holley if needed.
It might be time to start looking into stand alones with real traction control and boost by gear.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Well small update...

Ive been putting miles on the car and noticed a bit of coolant coming from my pressure valve dump tube. Coolant was alittle low so I topped it off and noticed more once I got home. Done this a few times now.

Order a co2 gas tester for the coolant system to see if my headgasket is starting to fail.pulling the plugs and bore scoping the Cylinders this weekend. Hopefully it's not a headgasket but won't be surprised consider this bone stock motor is at 950/986 haha.

Also got pulled over for "loud exhaust" sherif told me to put the rest of the exhaust on and gave me a written warning.
20221106_155823.jpeg

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
ran the test that checks for co2 in the coolant and it's all good, thankfully not the head gasket.

I'm thinking the pressure cap and body I used is just shitty so I'll be making a aluminum setup and mew pressure cap to see how it does.

pic of what is currently in place
20221112_133502.jpeg

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Happy holidays everyone!

found out the leaking coolant was fron a bad radiator ca so I grabbed a mew one and it's been sealed ever since!

I put in a Turbosmart OPR V2 return less regulator to stop my turbo from pushing oil out on deceleration in the high rpms.

Spoke with precision and turbosmart about the random oil drips and smoke, they agree just excessive pressure in the turbo.

Got it all mounted and setup this weekend. Super easy install and I put a gauge there just so I can know it's good. it holds 40psi steady through out the rpms.

20221125_151417.jpeg
20221125_151423.jpeg
20221125_151431.jpeg

cobrasvt57

Established Member
Took the car out to meet up with some local cobras.

Ended up racing a crusher 2.9 at 27psi on the way home. He got me twice on 50-130 races, didn't have time for a 3rd race. I'd start to catch up towards the end of 4th but we were letting off around 140.

My trans is pretty notchey going from 3-4 regardless of how I adjust the clutch. Since I lose all boost on the 3-4 shift I'm going to get a wot box (n2mb) to help hold some boost. Looking forward to getting more races in and getting the car dialed.

View attachment 1752887View attachment 1752888

What rear gear are you using and is the t56 the original gear set or has it been changed?

Users who are viewing this thread