My turbo build so far

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Update:

swapped out waste gate springs from 15.5psi to 5psi, started tuning boost controller ti get me back up to 20psi, i was about to get to 21.9psi but having some issues getting a little lower, will need to play with it more.

Boost came on smoother amd car felt great getting more consistent pressure on the low/mid end.

was able to get about 5 pulls in, then the 6th pull in 4th gear felt great, until i noticed a sheriff on my ass who eventually pulled me over.

asked what i was doing, i explained that i built the car, he had me pop the hood and he took some pictures, being a car guy he let me go and said dont do freeway pulls in front of sheriff lol.

This was all about midnight last night with what I thought was an empty road to find the only other car was a sheriff that watched me leave him hahaha.
Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That's fkn fantastic! Gotta love it when you get pulled over and they're more interested in your car than what you were doing to get pulled over in the first place! Lol

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
That's fkn fantastic! Gotta love it when you get pulled over and they're more interested in your car than what you were doing to get pulled over in the first place! Lol
yea i got real lucky haha. Sheriff was about my age (late 20a early 30s). i always am honest and treat officers with respect. They're doin a job, im the idiot to get pulled over, no ones fault but mine. its all about how you interact.

I did a few more pulls and almost where i need to be woth boost. I dont think my boost controller will let me hit 20psi on the dot due to wastegates and spring pressure along with other factors. Im hoping to be in the area of 18-21 psi. well see where it ends up hah.

Will keep you updated as things happen. waiting for new dyno date from the tuner and that should be the last of it, until i take my paternity leave oct-jan in which case ill be building my full exhaust out the back with a cutout for dump pipe.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Update..

was having some boost spike issues, talked it out and came to the conclusion the wastegate dump tubes were too restrictive. ripped out the tubes and was able to maintain spring pressure as i wanted.

some before and after pics, ill need to make from the merge to the downpipe at least 2.5" pipe. I made a small cap for my 1.5" pickup on the down pipe so i can dyno whenever my tuner is available. wastegates will dump to atmosphere until i rebuild full exhaust.
20200826_164345.jpeg
20200920_213223.jpeg
20200920_213348.jpeg
20200920_213842.jpeg
20200920_213911.jpeg

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Alright folks, hit the dyno this evening....

boost controller was holding at 18psi, and made 817/804. Really happy with how the car runs for only 18psi!

on the way home doing pulls i saw as high as 23psi so im going to datalog and make sure everything looks good.

Heres the dyno sheet, you can see the turbo is pretty lazy to build boost. May try a different boost controller or put larger springs in, currently 4psi springs.

previous setup
stage 5 heat, 2.76, 4lb, e85, 17psi 550/575

I made 267 more hp and 235 more ftlbs off of 1psi haha.
Kenny%20dyno.jpeg

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Went through some datalogs.

now at 23 psi, 18° timing, iat1 82°f iat2 98°f at 6749rpm.

Really happy to see how well the intercooler is doing with the iat2 temps. Makes me curious to see what a 1000hp core would do since mine is 750hp core.

I mount the iat2 sensor on the back half (firewallside) of the manifold lid. basically same as hellions placement. circled in blue in the pic below.

20200603_195403.jpeg
20201007_124340~2.jpeg

MG0h3

Established Member
Damn man you aren’t worried about nuking it on 23pis when you’re aiming for 18!?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
It has come along nicely. So, how many feelings have you hurt after the tune?
View attachment 1667298
not any yet. been busy with 2 kids and working from home. im waiting to race a c7 zo6 with a 250 shot, says 850whp (dont expect to win that race lol.

also a 218 ss l1e motor pqckage woth pro charger "800whp" wants to race. I beat home when he was 650 whp and i was 550whp eaton, so im mot worried about him.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I ordered a snake head vynil from Harpell Auto Fab aka cobrafill04 on ig, pretty happy with how it came out. took my time and it went on real smooth. View attachment 1700258

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That’s unique, I like it! Looks perfect off the silver. And good score on insurance paying for fresh paint on the bumper and hood. Hope that doesn’t hurt the title though. I don’t assume you’ll be getting rid of that car anytime soon with all the blood sweat and tears put into it

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread