My Turbo Build AKA T76Coupe -- Teksid, Billet 76, Lethal Return, Custom kit, E85

blown302stng

Established Member
So I talked myself out of selling the cobra and have been gathering parts to go turbo...I have owned a number of turbo cars before but all have been foxbodys, so this will be somewhat new to me..

I will try to keep the thread updated as I make progress...As of right now I am waiting to get my teksid block back from the machine shop and then I can get started putting it back together...The engine will be 284ci and consist of Diamond flat top pistons, manley billet rods,arp head studs, revised cobra heads, 99/01 intake, etc

For now it will be backed by a t56, spec 3, built SRA

The fuel system consist of Lethals 1200rwhp return kit, 80lb injectors and e85

Turbo kit is based on a set of custom turbo headers, CG built me a merge pipe and a 3" starter downpipe and I will build the rest....Cold side will be customer 3" piping, 4" fmic, etc

I am hoping to make 700+ rwhp, which shouldnt be a problem

Here are a couple pictures of parts that I have got so far, fuel system is installed so should be making some good progress in the next week or 2

Jeremy

20120829_201625.jpg

20120829_201625.jpg

20120829_201641.jpg

20120829_201648.jpg

20120829_201723.jpg

And the Car
2012-07-20_11-54-54_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Now that looks like a fun build! 700 will be EASY with that turbo and E85. Just my .02, powdercoat or paint whatever you want now before you do assemble it all......valve covers, turbo housing, intake manifold, cold side piping etc.

blown302stng

Established Member
Prob gonna leave the intake silver, but the hot side will be ceramic coated, havent decided yet if I will leave the cold polished or have it dipped...Valve covers and timing cover are already wrinkle black

Look forward to getting the engine back in the car so I can make some progress

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Sounds like a good start and I am sure you will be over the 700rwhp mark. I will say the th400 you sold me would have worked VERY well behind this setup.

blown302stng

Established Member
Sounds like a good start and I am sure you will be over the 700rwhp mark. I will say the th400 you sold me would have worked VERY well behind this setup.

No doubt, but I have a feeling you are going to put it to good use :rockon:

Jeremy

blown302stng

Established Member
Block is back from the machine shop, will be assembling it next week and then will be able to drop it in the car and start fabbing the turbo kit

blown302stng

Established Member
Longblock ready to drop in, hope to have it in the car tonight so we can star working on the turbo kit
20120910_210920.jpg

blown302stng

Established Member
I was working on the car last night by myself and I am still waiting to get my input shaft back from liberty so I just dropped the engine in so we could test fitment on the headers and start working on the hotside...Hopefully the headers clear all accessories otherwise I might hae to look at doing something different

ruthless

Established Member
Good lord your moving with your project. I am still collecting parts but when everything is here it should go together quick.

blown302stng

Established Member
Good lord your moving with your project. I am still collecting parts but when everything is here it should go together quick.

Yeah the nice weather has me motivated to get it done so I can enjoy it some before it gets to cold

ruthless

Established Member
Yeah the nice weather has me motivated to get it done so I can enjoy it some before it gets to cold

I think my motivation is hampered by the fact that there is no way I can get my project finished before winter. So I will just enjoy reading about your build and work on mine over the winter months. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread