My tire story

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Good things like this don't usually happen.

A year ago I bought 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season tires from Tire Rack. Initial impressions were good they looked good and rode well. After some miles they began to wear unevenly and made a lot of noise. I always check the pressure and rotate frequently. I complained to Tire rack and got nothing. Now they are very loud and almost unbearable. I called Tire rack again and was told that Goodyear was offering a replacement deal because of problems with these tires (I wasn't the only one). To pursue it through Tire Rack was going to be a pain... :dw: I had to send the tires back to their Indiana location. I called Goodyear to explore options.

I was told that I could deal with any local Goodyear retailer. A local tire shop I have used many times has been very helpful. I am getting 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires at no charge and they will deal with my old tires and Goodyear. :coolman: The Michelin's are what I would have gotten in the first place but they are way expensive. I am happy!! :banana::pepper:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Cool.

I have a thermostat story that involves RPM outlet. Lets just say RPM outlet sucks, and spare you the long details.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Wow that is pretty cool.

I have those same F1 AS tires...guess I need to be on the lookout for uneven wear. Were you getting cupping in the treads?

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Wow that is pretty cool.

I have those same F1 AS tires...guess I need to be on the lookout for uneven wear. Were you getting cupping in the treads?

The cupping was primarily in the outer tread blocks. It made the tires very loud and rough riding. The ironic thing is that Goodyear wanted me to buy new Goodyear tires and the 3 styles they offered included the same Eagle F1 All Season :dw: (never again for me). My tire shop is helping to get me the Michelins instead.

Users who are viewing this thread