(MY!!!) Terminator OIL recommendations and capacities.

mjg11

MJG 11
Established Member
I read this entire thread did some research. I am a new Royal Purple customer. i just switched today Royal Purple 5w20 along with the Royal Purple oil filter. Also a little Purple Ice for the radiator and intercooler .
Thanks Jimmysidecarr for all the information !!!

Last edited:

GrayMonster03

Established Member
I hear its just oil similar to Mobil 1 but with dye in it. I worked at Pep Boys for two years and all the techs in the shop would tell me this. Not only overpriced and over-marketed, but coincidence or not this is the only brand of oil in which I have blown a head gasket to in all the races I've been in and all the mustangs I've owned. :uh oh:

Venomous 03

Established Member
I hear its just oil similar to Mobil 1 but with dye in it. I worked at Pep Boys for two years and all the techs in the shop would tell me this. Not only overpriced and over-marketed, but coincidence or not this is the only brand of oil in which I have blown a head gasket to in all the races I've been in and all the mustangs I've owned. :uh oh:

A certain type of oil will NOT make your head gasket go.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

Hahaha wtf... oil blew my head gasket

Wow

olympic

Established Member
I run Amsoil 10w30 Dominator Racing Oil with an EAO15 filter(equivalent to a Motorcraft FL1A) on a remote mount. With the Moroso oil pan it takes 10.5 quarts to change the oil....lol! In the trans I use their multi-vehicle ATF and Severe Gear 75-140 in the rear end. I've used Amsoil for many years in my business and personal vehicles and have always been impressed with their products.

RedlineDrifts

Manual Trans: Royal Purple Synchromax (part #01512, quart bottle); 4.1 quarts; Or a Mercon/Dexron ATF.

So I should use this instead Royal Purple Max ATF (part #01320) ?

Power Steering: Royal Purple Max EZ (part #01326, 12- oz bottle) or Royal Purple Max ATF (part #01320)

And for power steering, which product is more suitable/recommended? Our owners manuals say to put MERCON ATF, so shouldn't we only be putting the RP ATF? And what quantity of fluid do I need to replace all the fluid in the system?

Last edited:

NotSatisfied

Established Member
I’m using Shaeffers 9000 5W-20 and now Chevron MD-3 ATF. My transmission did not like the synthetic Mobil1.

You will make more power with a 20W. The 30 will offer better protection on hot laps, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mohigan

What do the (#'s )mean for Rp Hps 5w-30 ? Ex. (#'s)-31530,301150
Are these ok for o3 terminator?

Screenshot_20220503-113136_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Thanks for any help

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
Those numbers are just Royal Purples product numbers, nothing important. That oil will work fine for street use.

Mohigan

Thanks olympic! I just wanted to find out before I order. What filter do you prefer/use?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Holy shit. $70 for 6 quarts of oil?
5 quarts of Mobil 1 is $26 at Walmart. My car takes 10 quarts, I couldn't imagine paying $11+/qt.

For anyone that watches Engine Masters, they did a big oil filter comparison (different WIX, K&N, Motorcraft, Etc)
The Motorcraft came out pretty damn good on the list. The winner by a large margin though was the K&N Gold filter. It filters down to 10 microns (most all others are 20, and some race ones go up to 60 microns) and it outflowed them all by a good margin.

I don't have Bookface, but when I did a search on Google this is all I could find for the episode, but it shows every filter that they tested.

I myself have a stock pile of Motorcraft FL-1A filters. If I ever run out though, I'm gonna start with the K&N Gold.

Mohigan

I went with the K&N. My other car takes 10 quarts to @ 98 SVT, 10 quarts & filter cost me $207. Not sure how much it breaks down to per qrt. W/ looking at the receipt to see the price of the filter, but last time I bought oil for it twas about $12/qrt. But I know it's went up with the "Let's go Brandon" @ the wheel

Users who are viewing this thread