My Supercharged Stingray vs Hellcat Charger

Quik Z06

Established Member
Went out tonight to see if I could find anyone to mess with. My car was hurt for a long time so it’s been a while since I’ve been able to have some fun. I’m cruising on the freeway at about 70 mph and I see some hid’s coming up, as it gets close I could tell it was a charger. Now I’m thinking, shoot I hope it’s not chp as my car is pretty loud. He paced me for a bit then passes me and then slows down. I speed up and see the badge on the fender and think ok here we go.

It’s cold out, and I’m on Michelin PS4’s so not ideal for my power level, so I’m thinking it has to be a high mph roll. I speed up so I can get into a decent power band and drop it to 4th, lol my car is pretty loud so when I drop it to 4th he knows it’s on. He gets next to me and then just floors it, I had to ease into it not wanting to spin and I stop his pull and my stupid gauges start flashing (telling me to shift) and since it’s been so long since I’ve raced I shift to 5th and it gets out of its powerband. I was up a couple cars at that point but because I short shifted and was easing into it, I think he thought he had a chance. A couple miles down the road, it’s nice and straight and nobody around, I say to myself let’s show him what this car can do. Again, higher roll in 4th, we take off... this time I have my eyes on the rpms. I take it up to about 6500 in 4th, still just easing into the throttle, I look back and he’s an easy 10-15 cars back. I took the next exit and headed home pretty happy with the runs. I really need some drag radials so I could take off in 3rd and just hammer down and obviously warmer weather .

My car for those that don’t know is built bottom end, full exhaust, methanol and Ti blower making 760 wheel on a mustang dyno

C79FA434-F130-4D73-BC28-DE70859B9E58.jpeg

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Nice runs and car bud. I have a D1X and meth going on my car in the Spring if I get the time. I’ve owned both and obviously lighter is better.

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yea, I used to have a CTSV and it was fun but they’re too heavy. Needed a lot of power to try and compete, so sold it and got back into a Vette.

helloWorld

Established Member
How are you guys liking the meth on these new DI engines? That seems to be the quick and easy way to go for fueling. Would you guys consider the meth to be reliable for daily driver use? Are there any safeguards in place if the meth injection system fails?

I am asking because I am strongly considering a 3rd gen V.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
How are you guys liking the meth on these new DI engines? That seems to be the quick and easy way to go for fueling. Would you guys consider the meth to be reliable for daily driver use? Are there any safeguards in place if the meth injection system fails?

Great questions.
I know the A LOT of the Chevy guys use meth running their cars. Not so much on the Coyotes though?? I wonder why??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice Vette. Nice power. Nice (expected) kill. Any other mods planned?

Quik Z06

Established Member

I like the meth, I don’t daily my car but I do drive it a lot. Meth is perfect since you’re not using it if your not in boost. An air fuel gauge could be a safeguard and I will add one eventually. However for now, my tuner set it up to where if my IAT’s go up over a certain threshold it will pull a lot of timing. The idea being if the pump fails or whatever and it’s not spraying my temps would skyrocket, well that would help save the engine.

Nice Vette. Nice power. Nice (expected) kill. Any other mods planned?

Thanks! Nothing new planned as of now, this set me back a small fortune. Only thing I really need is some new rear wheels with some drag radials that I can swap out.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, I need to get my GoPro charged and back in the car. As I said it’s been so long since I’ve been able to race anyone that I took the GoPro mount and everything out of the car.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
holy dyno vid! lol and nice car! ( ever track it?) love to see all car enthusiasts and not just a die hard particular car person around. ( which i think there are a bunch of people here with other cars besides mustangs )

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, well let’s see I’m almost 850 wheel on a dynojet compared to a Hellcat that makes what low to mid 600’s? Then I’m a lot lighter, not sure why it’s sounds “excessive” ha! Been around street racing wayyyyy too long to bullshit! I had 6-700hp cars when guys thought 3-400 was fast.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Nice kill, see stingrays a lot but never a blown one kind of a sleeper. I would request a 40 roll lol. Have any idea what your car weighs?

Users who are viewing this thread