My Shark Dive this Weekend

Machdup1

Established Member
I don’t know if any of you are divers, but this last weekend I did my second shark dive. The video is from a GoPro on my wrist. The fun doesn’t really start until around 6:30 in the video. The sharks are Caribbean Reef Sharks and ranged in size from about 5’ to 12’. If you are a diver, add this dive to your bucket list.

[video=youtube;d8Ka6B5PWQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Ka6B5PWQc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Looks like fun! I had the pleasure of bumping into a shark while SCUBA diving off Anacapa Island here in SoCal. I was hoping to find some in Hawaii but only got to dive with Turtles and Eels. I have never worn chain armor while diving. How much did it weigh?

Machdup1

Established Member
Looks like fun! I had the pleasure of bumping into a shark while SCUBA diving off Anacapa Island here in SoCal. I was hoping to find some in Hawaii but only got to dive with Turtles and Eels. I have never worn chain armor while diving. How much did it weigh?

Only the feeders and camera crew had the chain mail, the rest of us were just in wetsuits.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Great video, looks like that was an absolute blast!

Palmer

Established Member
Man this is at the top of my bucket list. I wanted to do this when I was in the Bahamas, but didn't get the chance to. I will definitely be going back and doing it though. That's so awesome.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That looked to be one unforgettable experience. Nice video. Gotta love Go-Pros.

ThomasL

Established Member
Man...that's cool. Don't think i could ever do that but it sure looks amazing.

Machdup1

Established Member
Looks amazing.

1.) What is the red tint on the lens?
2.) No HD quality?

The red tint is a red filter that is supposed to perform color correction when diving in blue water. The gopro is just the white edition. That was actually the first time I ever used a gopro.

chao5.0

Established Member
one thing I will do is dive with sharks, except I'm wanting to go cage diving with white sharks.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
one thing I will do is dive with sharks, except I'm wanting to go cage diving with white sharks.

Same here. My dad and I want to go cage diving with great whites off the coast of south africa.

OP, looks like a blast! I have wanted to do that for a long time, but haven't been able to. Gotta learn how to scuba dive first lol.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
nope.gif

In a cage...maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread