My pullied cobra vs 335i on e85

svtaddict

Established Member
I dont know if ive already posted this but my neighbors buddy has been badgering me for months saying ford sucks blah blah blah. hes in the car parts business. you know one of those young 22-26 year old know it alls. anyways he has a 335i with intake tune and some 50% e85 tune. Anyways i was gonna sell my car so decided to shut this kid up. we headed outto the boonies it was about 50 degrees out staged up and honked it off. He got me in first gear (wheel spin). Top of second i started to pull by top of third i had a car and a half after that he let off. Second run was about the same except this time i only got him by one car length my guess is heat soak. man with some slicks i would have demolished him. im running r888s now. after the run we just parted ways he just said nice runs from his car. next time i saw him he just said my car is fast and didnt talk much hehe. hes trying to save for bigger turbos now. hopefully by then i will have may whipple and he will finally give up and go buy a camry.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
:bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

BMW’s don’t lose especially 335i’s

Congrats on the kill! I’m actually surprised he kept up that well, you should’ve demolished him up top. He is pretty much in the stock Cobra territory at the moment. So you’re selling the Cobra but buying a whipple in May?

bokyo1987

Established Member
Good kill! I always believed that people should know where their cars stand before opening their mouths lol

joe12289

Established Member
I dont know if ive already posted this but my neighbors buddy has been badgering me for months saying ford sucks blah blah blah. hes in the car parts business. you know one of those young 22-26 year old know it alls. anyways he has a 335i with intake tune and some 50% e85 tune. Anyways i was gonna sell my car so decided to shut this kid up. we headed outto the boonies it was about 50 degrees out staged up and honked it off. He got me in first gear (wheel spin). Top of second i started to pull by top of third i had a car and a half after that he let off. Second run was about the same except this time i only got him by one car length my guess is heat soak. man with some slicks i would have demolished him. im running r888s now. after the run we just parted ways he just said nice runs from his car. next time i saw him he just said my car is fast and didnt talk much hehe. hes trying to save for bigger turbos now. hopefully by then i will have may whipple and he will finally give up and go buy a camry.

love it! No down talking after the kick to the ass you gave him. Lol

b_dike

Established Member
Nice kill, but your post is a little confusing... Your selling to shut him up, and your buying a Whipple???

svtaddict

Established Member
no i was gonna sell the cobra so the day before i was to sell it i had to run this guy. turns out im not selling it anymore due to alot of tire kickers and bunk deals that fell through. so im going to continue modding i have pretty much gotten to the point where the only thing performance wise i can do to improve my cobra is an aftermarket blower.

DamnNiceL

Established Member
I just sold my 335 sedan. It was quite the sleeper - did 12.9 @ 110 with tune only in 80* weather...Never ran mine with downpipes and intake :-/

Beetle6986

Established Member

Probably would have been the same outcome even with slicks. The tires on the BMW aren't as wide as the tires on the Cobra. I'm sure he spun also. They typically make over 400 WHP with those mods and downpipes.

MysticRob

Established Member
Other problem with the 335i is it doesn't have a limited slip rear end, which is why I've been looking for a 335xi (awd). They're a great little sport sedan and respond very well to mods, especially larger intercooler and a 91oct Cobb tune.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Even without the limited slip, they still are pretty strong off the launch. I have some PSS and with my mods, I get lil to no wheel spin.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Even without the limited slip, they still are pretty strong off the launch. I have some PSS and with my mods, I get lil to no wheel spin.

QFT... An LSD will shine on a road or auto-x course. The eLSD does a decent enough job from a dig. I've seen 1.6x and 1.7x drag radial launches with the stock differential.

Last edited:

Beetle6986

Established Member
Other problem with the 335i is it doesn't have a limited slip rear end, which is why I've been looking for a 335xi (awd). They're a great little sport sedan and respond very well to mods, especially larger intercooler and a 91oct Cobb tune.

They do respond pretty well to mods. I was running E85, but had to turn it off for now. it was causing my clutch to slip.

MineralCobra

Established Member
That's a nice kill op. People sleep on the 335i especially 135i they respond very well to mods. There is a guy here locally making 450whp/500tq on a fob 135i on e85 stock turbos... Car is a beast with that 3200lb~ weight

MysticRob

Established Member
Thats because our cars have the "E" LSD. Both of my tires spin even with the open diff.

"our cars"?
Does that mean you have a 335i? And that you think it has an electronic LSD? Sounds like you're spinning the tires with the rear end off the ground. :??:

natedog7700

Established Member
"our cars"?
Does that mean you have a 335i? And that you think it has an electronic LSD? Sounds like you're spinning the tires with the rear end off the ground. :??:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719012 This explains it. People call it the "electronic" LSD, but in reality its not. Still has the same affect though.

And yes i do own a 335i. Its definitely a sleeper coming from the cobra's! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread