My Project

blownfox

Established Member
I dont have much to update on. I've working long hours at work and preparing for finals.

New torque boxes are in, painted the upper and lower intake, and heads are disassembled / cleaned.

The valve springs should be here tomorrow, but for this weekend I hope to get the sub-fame connectors in and the rear end cleaned and painted.

blownfox

Established Member
Any progress?

I do not have to much too update everyone on.

The rear end is complete...no pics because every time I go over there I forget my camera :bash:.

My valve springs have been on back order and just shipped today, so they should be here this week. I will be out their this Friday to get pics.

sorry for the crappy update but now the valve springs are in I hope to get some work done.

abcstyers

Established Member
Cool project man, I'm hoping to one day have the funds to build a 331 for my baby. But with kid #2 on the way it might be a little while.

blownfox

Established Member
Valve springs are in, but I found out that I have 1 exhaust and 1 intake valve bent (thought my head on the passanger side was making more noise then normal). we decided to send the heads and valves to the machine shop to get a valve job and shave about .005 off the heads.

All brakes lines are complete and master cylinder and Proportional valve have been installed.

Once he installs the sub-frames connectors the rear end will go in. I think that is our goal for next week.

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

and here are my 04 cobra seats!

DSC00484.jpg

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
Cool project man, I'm hoping to one day have the funds to build a 331 for my baby. But with kid #2 on the way it might be a little while.

Thanks man. This has been a six year project and its still going. Hang in there and be patience and you'll get there. :beer:

trendkilllx

Established Member
Looking good. Those seats look great. I have only been able to work on my coupe at night. Its been too hot here during the day, and its only getting warmer.

blownfox

Established Member
I hear you trendkillx, it has been 95 to 100 for the past 3 weeks. I have only been working on the car Saturday mornings.

whats been completed:
upper lower control arms
rear end is installed
subframes are in
wide band is ran
battery has been relocated to the rear

heads are still at the machine shop. I have additional 2 exhaust valves bent. I was told they should be done this week.

I should have the MSD box installed and start cleaning the engine bay this weekend.

Should I reinstall the AC? I have everything to convert over to the new stuff, I just haven't made up my mind.

blownfox

Established Member
here is the latest update I have.

Crappy pics of the wire tuck and repainted the engine bay.
DSC00661.gif

DSC00660.gif

New rear wheels.
DSC00658.gif

DSC00659.gif

short block in now a long block.
DSC00663.gif

DSC00664.jpg
DSC00667.jpg

Thanks

blownfox

Established Member
Nice ride man! How are you liking the new setup?

MAN, it makes so much more power down low! I haven't dyno it yet, but should have numbers early spring. I'm needing to put 450 - 500 miles on the spec 2 clutch. Last time on the dyno I made 370rwhp and 375 tq. I'm guessing now I should be close to 430 -450 rwhp.

bottlefed91fox

TUFF
Established Member
thats some good numbers to reach man, question as im not a FI guy, i thought you HAD to run an intercooler on FI setups? maybe you can teach me a little something about it. i've always just been a nitrous guy, but lookin to do a procharger setup once i learn more about all the FI stuff and feel comfortable about it.

blownfox

Established Member
Some superchargers wont come with intercooler, however I'm pretty most if not all prochargers do. The S-trim does not come with one, but you can get a aftercooler.

I feel that I should not need one because I will only be running 7 psi and my inlet temperature should not be too hot. If it does get too hot 190+ degrees, I will install a water methanol injection kit. This will help with the temperature and higher points on the fuel.

The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com

Turbo are a different story. I think you always need to have a Intercooler.

Users who are viewing this thread