My Other Stang...1991 SSP

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
Well I have already put the Cobra in storage for the winter. I plan on doing some much needed maintenance work on this 1991 SSP over the winter. So I took out of the garage and washed her up before I tear into her. I may also put some GT40P heads and other goodies on over the winter since I have them laying around...just not sure that is the route I want to go with her. But for now enjoy the pics.

100_9681.jpg

100_9678.jpg

100_9669.jpg

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
SO sick. You want to sell it???

OK, flamesuit on, but what does the SSP mean? I've been seeing it more and more lately.

-Brian

clbailey

Established Member
Love notchbacks the most, just wish someone would make aftermarket stock looking tail lights as those just look years behind the rest of the car.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
Thanks guys! This is a great car with some great history and bone stock other than a Flowmaster exhaust. This is one of my two current SSP's and my second FHP SSP. I had planned on restoring this one until I came across a very rare New Mexico SSP. I am in the middle of a full restoration on that one currently. This one serves as my summer DD for now.

Here is a picture of my old '88 FHP.

100_6795.jpg

Here is a 1993 TX DPS one I had and wish I had never sold.

100_7707.jpg

...and the current basket case one I am restoring before being torn apart.

581032_4227484519065_233521902_n.jpg

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
A set of rims and window tint would also set that car off!

I have a set of black SSP wheels I may put on just to give it a more sinister look. There glass in these is defrost delete so I am hesitant to put film on incase one day I would want to restore it.

...but I agree it would set the car off.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
SO sick. You want to sell it???

OK, flamesuit on, but what does the SSP mean? I've been seeing it more and more lately.

-Brian

SSP means Special Service Package. They were for fleet use and mainly used by Police Departments for traffic enforcement. The Feds also used them for various reasons and some made it to civilian hands and never saw a day of service.

...and for now she is a keeper.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
SSP means Special Service Package. They were for fleet use and mainly used by Police Departments for traffic enforcement. The Feds also used them for various reasons and some made it to civilian hands and never saw a day of service.

...and for now she is a keeper.

Thank you Sir:beer: My high school teacher for my auto class used to get those in white ALL the time. A couple of my friends bought some of them. The one thing I remember about them was they were legal to own without cats. Apparently they'd start fires when the officers would park in grassy areas. We just loved them because they sounded great! lol

Beautiful notch!

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
Thank you Sir:beer: My high school teacher for my auto class used to get those in white ALL the time. A couple of my friends bought some of them. The one thing I remember about them was they were legal to own without cats. Apparently they'd start fires when the officers would park in grassy areas. We just loved them because they sounded great! lol

Beautiful notch!

Thank you!

I wish I lived in a state that used them back in the day. I would love to have bought one at auction and kept it all these years.

Users who are viewing this thread