My ON3 Performance thread

94venomV8

Established Member
T76 FTW. Hope you will push lot's of boost cause low psi it will be super laggy.

Doesnt being laggy depend on your A/R? Not what boost you run. Plus with a T76 you shouldnt have problems spooling that up. I am going with a T76 with a .96 A/R on my build and I am not worried about spool time that much, if it was a 88mm turbo with a 1.15 A/R then I would be worried about spool on the street lol.

99S_V_T

Established Member
This is correct, a/r decides spool time. Alot people misunderstand this. U could have a t88 with a .15 a/r and itd spool at idle lol

94venomV8

Established Member
Yeah but it wont be noticeable^^ It may be a few hundred RPM at most, and at this power level you wont know the difference between a few hundred RPM because its a matter a maybe 1/2 second.

99S_V_T

Established Member
so i fail for keeping up with my thread. but ive been plagued with problem after problem.....

The kit it self fit very well. I was very pleased with it, there was one pipe i had to clearance just a little bit to clear the K member but it didn't take much.

The fuel system is what got me. I made the dual FPDM harness myself and its been rough going and time consuming to say the least. I had a short, then a pinched wire, then blown fuses, bad relays, u name it, it happened. Finally got the pumps to come up after dropping the tank 3 times :fm:

So today was tune day, pulled the car up to Saint Louis and set my tunner loose. We had issues with my PMAS HPX sensor spiking to insane readings mid pull 18 pounds of air then return to 7-8 like nothing happened. Then it fixed itself on the 4th pull:??:

So the MAF was fixed but the Fuel pressure is the most erratic thing ive ever seen. My tunner actually mentioned he'd never seen anything like it before. i mean serious variations at insane intervals. were talking 7-70 PSI fluctuations in milliseconds and back down around 8 then 74 just everywhere. my fuel pressure graph looked like a seismograph during a level ten earthquake. The fpdms were pulling a smooth amount of voltage just like the should (linear with the powerband) We adjusted on the pumps voltage drop and intervals dam near everything and even went back to stock and it didnt change one bit:shrug:

The car runs idles, even pulls solid just has a giant fuel problem that i have yet to figure out.....

So Monday i will head back up that way and see if i cant get her straightened out. but on a positive note my car made 404RWHP and 420RWTQ @ 4500 rpm amid the fuel crisis. and that was by no means a full pull just some of the numbers it put down while we were trying to regulate the pressure.

Thats my update. If anyone has any tips on fixing my fuel issue please chime in. im looking into double checking my FPDM harness and my Fuel pressure regulator but other than that im clueless.

Last edited:

99S_V_T

Established Member
404 at 5 psi with the most unstable fuel pressure ever herd of (hit 7 pounds of fuel pressure at points of its radicalness) only pulling to 4500 rpm is weak for a turbo car?

the car had a ton left just cant tune a car with pressure fluctuations like that. it was by no means a full WOT pull. which i think i mentioned?

Last edited:

99S_V_T

Established Member
my fuel pressure graph resembles this but about 100X worse to where its dam near solid blue.
this is not from my car just to give u an idea of whats goin on.

Datalog_12_15_2004_14_32_29_image001.gif

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
99S V T

your cobra isnt white with a 03 hood, and front and rear bumpers is it?

there is a kid that goes to my tech school that has a white 99-01 cobra that has been talking about getting an On3 kit

Last edited:

99S_V_T

Established Member
no update, i havent had time to dick around with it honestly, hopefully the beginning of this week ill get the fuel pressure figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread