My old man is looking for a new SUV. Good choice?

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
My old man is looking for a new SUV but he’s a picky guy. All his trucks are 4x4 V8’s and he won’t touch anything with a 4 or 6 cylinder. He plans on ordering a 2011 limited Toyota Sequoia in black with the graphite leather. He does not want the rear entertainment center or navigation so that’s why he’s passing on the platinum edition. He’s looking at around $55,000

Does anyone here have an older model? how is the experience in one of these?they look bad ass but even the older ones cost $40k plus

seq2011.gif

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Good lord why would he want one of those overpriced pig faced pieces of crap? 55 grand for a toyota?

For that money why not get an escalade, which has a 400hp 6.2L V8

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Good lord why would he want one of those overpriced pig faced pieces of crap? 55 grand for a toyota?

For that money why not get an escalade, which has a 400hp 6.2L V8

Because an Escalade is almost $10K more and the Sequoia moves out quite well with the 5.7L engine (380 HP like the Tundra). New SUVs are really expensive if you want one with any options on it.

Wouldn't be my first choice but you can't really go wrong with anything on the market right now. I'd go with a Tahoe with the 6.2L engine.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Please buy American! Chevy Tahoe, Gmc Yukon, Cadillac Escalade, Ford expedition, Lincoln Navigator. Any one of those would be a great SUV and IMO look way better then that ugly yota. Explain to him that when you buy a new Japanese vehicle that the profits go to japan, keep the profits here in our economy. I guess if he buys a used one its not as bad tho.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Because an Escalade is almost $10K more and the Sequoia moves out quite well with the 5.7L engine (380 HP like the Tundra). New SUVs are really expensive if you want one with any options on it.

Wouldn't be my first choice but you can't really go wrong with anything on the market right now. I'd go with a Tahoe with the 6.2L engine.

you cant get a tahoe with the 6.2, only the 5.3... Infact, i think the 6.2 only comes in the escalade, the 6.0 is the largest for the 2500's+.... Atleast thats how it used to be

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It really goes to show you how we found ourselves in the shitter [fiscally] when vehicles are ranging in the mid $50k range. That seems absurd to me.

I'm sure the OP's father is probably more than capable to afford this vehicle. I'm just speaking in generalities.

Last edited by a moderator:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
you cant get a tahoe with the 6.2, only the 5.3... Infact, i think the 6.2 only comes in the escalade, the 6.0 is the largest for the 2500's+.... Atleast thats how it used to be

For some reason they don't list the 6.2 as an option on the Chevy site, but I did find this:

Review: 2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 6.2L 4x4 — Autoblog

I guess it was a one year thing? :shrug:

I wonder which V8 Ford will put in the next Expedition.

LastChance

Established Member
I have an 09 Denali with the 6.2 and love it. Basically the same car as the escalade aside from a slightly different dash configuration. I bought mine new in aug. of 09 for 50k, which was the same price I was quoted on a tahoe ltz. I went with the denali for the larger engine, interior upgrades and most important, higher resale value.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Please buy American! Chevy Tahoe, Gmc Yukon, Cadillac Escalade, Ford expedition, Lincoln Navigator. Any one of those would be a great SUV and IMO look way better then that ugly yota. Explain to him that when you buy a new Japanese vehicle that the profits go to japan, keep the profits here in our economy. I guess if he buys a used one its not as bad tho.

This truck was made in Houston,Tx:beer:

Z28

Established Member
I vote GMC Yukon Denali with the 6.2, the toyota's just don't do much for me.

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
new expo or tahoe is a win!!!! that toyota looks like black playdough smashed together and then wheels were added...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I don't think he was asking you guys for other options. He was wanting to know if anyone has had one, and what their experience was... :read:

Stop complaining about how other people choose to spend their own money.

CrickCobra

Established Member

it's avail in denali's and crew cab half tons gmc/chevy, the 6.2 that is

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I have an 08 Yukon Denalli XL, bought in brand new off the lot in 08 for under 50K. It has more room than a Sequoia and much better interior features.

Users who are viewing this thread