My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So overall, you're happy that it serves it's track purpose for you? I hope so, Kevin.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
So overall, you're happy that it serves it's track purpose for you? I hope so, Kevin.
Havent even taken the car out since install. Still kind of mad at it.

This weekend ill bring it out and see how it shifts with the car actually running. Crossing my fingers that it is flawless.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Got a deal on a lightly used set of Bilstein B14 coilovers. They only piece missing was the rear shocks but since i have a set of B8's already on the car i can reuse them out back.

New strut bearings and the DNA camber plates up front will give the car -2.5 degrees up front or more.

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
During the spring/summer before c19 hit these little cars made my radar to the point where I found deals and seriously pondered a purchase at Ford dealerships in Kansas or Maryland for new ST's at prices you wouldn't believe. My guess is the dealerships wanted to unload the cars because maybe sales were slow or what have you or was the model ending. Once c19 hit the prices went up and through the roof. I liked the car but hesitated because of the lack of practicality out here.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
During the spring/summer before c19 hit these little cars made my radar to the point where I found deals and seriously pondered a purchase at Ford dealerships in Kansas or Maryland for new ST's at prices you wouldn't believe. My guess is the dealerships wanted to unload the cars because maybe sales were slow or what have you or was the model ending. Once c19 hit the prices went up and through the roof. I liked the car but hesitated because of the lack of practicality out here.
For under $20k OTD they were a steal at the time even when i bought mine. Until alot of car enthusiast press started coming out about them they were overshadowed by the Focus ST.

I paid WAY under MSRP on mine and that was without any discounts or X/D plan pricing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, the Fiesta ST was definitely overshadowed by the Focus ST. Which was gold for YOU! (y)

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
For under $20k OTD they were a steal at the time even when i bought mine. Until alot of car enthusiast press started coming out about them they were overshadowed by the Focus ST.

I paid WAY under MSRP on mine and that was without any discounts or X/D plan pricing.

At the time $16k or $17k was a deal for what you received with the car. At the end of the day it is what it is which is a fun economy car. The price(s) reflected in today's market is a different story though but it seems everyone seems to think they have a unicorn these days.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Was going through the Fiesta spring rates in the Bilstein B14 kit which arent exactly a huge increase over my Swift Spec R springs. Swifts are 212/212 front/rear and the Bilstein is 280/230 front/rear.

I know from the B-spec Fiesta suspension kits they run upward of 450/500 spring rates using the Bilstein coilover kit by just removing the B14 springs and swapping in Eibach 2.5" springs.

I emailed Chris Taylor Racing(famous B-spec race shop) about the B-spec Fiesta spring rates, lengths, helper springs and spring collars for my Fiesta ST which has turned into a track day car. They gave me some great information on putting together a b-spec style setup utilizing the dampers and spring perches in the B14 kit i have.

So, on order are 2.5" Eibach 500lbs coilover springs along with 2.5" helper springs and 2.5" spring spacing collars.

This will really flatten the Fiesta out in corners and add some significant spring rate the car drastically needed. They also advised me to add a big rear sway bar or torsion beam stiffener(which i already have).

So, when everything shows up ill swap them onto the B14 kit, set the top hats to max negative camber(-3.0) and complete the install. Huge thanks to Chris Taylor Racing for answering all my questions with great knowledge.

Will post when everything comes in.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like Christ Taylor Racing has exceptional customer service/support. Sure comes in handy when you need it, Kevin. What spring rates do you have on your ST now?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like Christ Taylor Racing has exceptional customer service/support. Sure comes in handy when you need it, Kevin. What spring rates do you have on your ST now?
Currently car is on Swift Spec R springs with a 212lb-in linear spring rate both front and rear. Dampers are Bilstein B8's.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
First big failure for the Fiesta. Sounds like one of the blend door actuators took a crap and is clicking. Sourcing parts now and will document the replacement.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Generic one on ebay for $12 shipped :)
Yeah, going to go with OE parts. Wouldnt trust a $12 actuator and dont want to have to redo it again in a few months.

Dorman and Motorcraft have them for around double the price and they are OE quality.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, i spoke too soon. After speaking with Chris Taylor Racing Services of SCCA B-spec fame, they sold me on using the Fiesta B-spec spring rates on my B14 coilover kit.

So....2.5" Eibach race springs in 500lbs-in rate 7" long up front and 6" long in back. Paired with a set of spring spacers and helper springs to take up the gap when at droop.
RJFR2584.JPG

QUVX0374.JPG

Ill be installing these sometime in the next two weeks when i get a free day.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Kevin -
Now that you've had some time with the 225/45s on your 15" Dekas, how do you like them? Was turn-in affected? Does it feel like it accelerated a bit better? Do you like the 16"s better?

I still haven't mounted mine and I'm waffling on throwing some 200tw on there to play around (using it mainly on the street) or just selling them since I haven't been able to make it to the track in years.

I'll be throwing on some Swift Spec Rs on stock dampers, so I'm hoping they don't rub. I saw DPRO recommending -2 camber for even street driven...does that seem right? Sounds like a lot but I'm not really familiar with these platforms.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Kevin -
Now that you've had some time with the 225/45s on your 15" Dekas, how do you like them? Was turn-in affected? Does it feel like it accelerated a bit better? Do you like the 16"s better?

I still haven't mounted mine and I'm waffling on throwing some 200tw on there to play around (using it mainly on the street) or just selling them since I haven't been able to make it to the track in years.

I'll be throwing on some Swift Spec Rs on stock dampers, so I'm hoping they don't rub. I saw DPRO recommending -2 camber for even street driven...does that seem right? Sounds like a lot but I'm not really familiar with these platforms.
15's are incredible for grip. The RS4's in 225/45 are not exactly the pinnacle of sticky 200tw but so far I have yet to feel the end of the grip they afford. The car is faster than i am so i dont feel like id be losing out on going to either 16 x 8 and the 215/45R16 or staying with the 15x8 and 225/45R15. Either way, both are significant improvements in overall grip. The gearing with the 16's felt better. I do want to try out a 215/40R17 to see if going taller would help with the 2-3-4 shifts at Summit Point.

Mount them and enjoy them. Only way to really tell how you like it is by putting them on and going hog. If you cant make it to the track maybe check out an autocross? Always good to brush up on the fun side of things and its not a huge investment if you are going for FTD.

The Swifts will get you to -1.5 of camber max. Best bet if youre keeping stock struts is to grab a set of DNA or CTR camber plates. If they are too much in the $$ department, grab a set of Whiteline camber bolts in 12mm. They will get you up and over the -2.0 of negative camber this car needs to perform. I went DNA camber plates and feel they are worth the price point. CTR also makes a nice set.

Using a very rudimentary gauge, im sitting at -3.0 of camber. This is on the B14 damper/B8 rear, b-spec springs(eibach 500lbs) and DNA camber plates. I didnt cut the tower so no adjustment without removing the entire damper and resetting. I may cut the towers at a later date for adjustment purposes.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just a photo from yesterday before the rain. Car is filthy from sitting. Took it for a quick spin around the block.
IMG_1069.JPG

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Added a front tow hook a while back and never updated the thread. Made by Pierce Motorsports. I welded it to the bumper beam instead of bolting it. Painted it black so it doesnt rust. Painted the hook red for some bling.
IMG_1105.JPG

IHXT3041.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread