My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Picked it up this evening. Traded in my 05 mustang for it. So far its a blast!

2015 oxford white w/ no recaros(couldnt fit, too fat) and only 31 miles on it.
572fef8be5e4cfb4b8ea811f242cc6b0.jpg

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Wrote wrong color should be oxford white. Either way the car is a blast.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the ST club! I have not had this much fun with a DD in ever lol. Enjoy

This is going to be my fun weekend car. Daily driving duties will still go to my Elantra since its more of a jobsite car that I dont care if it gets some scratches.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! I love the Molten Orange cars but i didnt want something too flashy. How do you like the car so far? I see you daily drive it, any issues come up yet? Anything modified?

GTtoSVT

Established Member
I really enjoy my ST alot. It is great for a DD. (31mpg). I got it loaded but no plans for mods. Mod money goes to GT :coolman:

No issues so far (I am at 5k miles now)

-Brian

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I really enjoy my ST alot. It is great for a DD. (31mpg). I got it loaded but no plans for mods. Mod money goes to GT :coolman:

No issues so far (I am at 5k miles now)

-Brian

I had a mustang and needed to get rid of it. This is my new "fast" car, although i dont plan on modding it until the 5/60 powertrain warranty is done. Then ill probably just do the Cobb Stage 3 and leave it there.

whiplash306

Established Member
You're gonna LOVE it, OP. I've had TONS of cars as toys (see signature) and for daily drivers and this little Fiesta ST is THE BEST, most FUN daily driver I've ever had. Somehow, this little snot nosed twerp makes you feel like you're driving something WAY more special than what it really is. That said though, it definitely performs at a level that far exceeds its price point. For performance mods, all we have is the Turbo Transformer. We have a ton of non-performance oriented mods. The car's got 12,xxx miles so far since buying it brand new, mid-May 2014 and have had ZERO issues. Gas mileage on the hwy, between 65-70 mph, we've gotten a best of 37.xx mpg "figured"…..and kicking the rear end out of a fwd car with absolute confidence is amazing. I swear, I slide this thing all the time. ZERO regrets with this car!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
You're gonna LOVE it, OP. I've had TONS of cars as toys (see signature) and for daily drivers and this little Fiesta ST is THE BEST, most FUN daily driver I've ever had. Somehow, this little snot nosed twerp makes you feel like you're driving something WAY more special than what it really is. That said though, it definitely performs at a level that far exceeds its price point. For performance mods, all we have is the Turbo Transformer. We have a ton of non-performance oriented mods. The car's got 12,xxx miles so far since buying it brand new, mid-May 2014 and have had ZERO issues. Gas mileage on the hwy, between 65-70 mph, we've gotten a best of 37.xx mpg "figured"…..and kicking the rear end out of a fwd car with absolute confidence is amazing. I swear, I slide this thing all the time. ZERO regrets with this car!

I wish it was just my daily but i bought this as my fun car. Either way i just crossed the 1000 mile mark and it has been a blast so far. Only gripe i have is the 2-3 shift sometimes will delay going into gear, almost like missing it. Its not at WOT either, its at normal cruising speeds and just going from 2-3 will some times hang when going ito 3rd. I feel like its the motor moving due to the rear roll mount. I may have to switch to the Cobb unit before my powertrain warranty is up.

Ill drive this thing for a long time and maybe upgrade to the next mustang model in 7-8 years for my fun car and retire this to daily duties.

whiplash306

Established Member
I wish it was just my daily but i bought this as my fun car. Either way i just crossed the 1000 mile mark and it has been a blast so far. Only gripe i have is the 2-3 shift sometimes will delay going into gear, almost like missing it. Its not at WOT either, its at normal cruising speeds and just going from 2-3 will some times hang when going ito 3rd. I feel like its the motor moving due to the rear roll mount. I may have to switch to the Cobb unit before my powertrain warranty is up.

Ill drive this thing for a long time and maybe upgrade to the next mustang model in 7-8 years for my fun car and retire this to daily duties.

Hmmmm, I have never experienced the 2-3 hangup that you are describing….unsure if I've heard many folks talk of it either. I would think it would be the fault of the engine movement due to the weak rear engine mount moreso if you were under hard throttle as that would cause more torquing of the engine. However, you describe this as occurring even under regular driving if I'm understanding you correctly. If that's the case, something is not right. I wouldn't try and fix it by adding a new rear engine mount. I would have it serviced under warranty first…..just my opinion. Regardless, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. It really is a fun little car.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
My buddy just bought one of these out in Cali yesterday and drove through the night to get back to town. He is born and raised Chevy but said this car is everything he has ever wanted and more.

His quote was "It's such a good car. It does every thing I want it to. And somehow Ford packed loaded BMW 5 series options into a $20,000 hatchback."

He has made me want one and I've yet to drive one.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmmm, I have never experienced the 2-3 hangup that you are describing….unsure if I've heard many folks talk of it either. I would think it would be the fault of the engine movement due to the weak rear engine mount moreso if you were under hard throttle as that would cause more torquing of the engine. However, you describe this as occurring even under regular driving if I'm understanding you correctly. If that's the case, something is not right. I wouldn't try and fix it by adding a new rear engine mount. I would have it serviced under warranty first…..just my opinion. Regardless, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. It really is a fun little car.

This sucks. I guess ill take it in and see what my local dealer thinks. I have checked it out the best i can and find no issues. This doesnt happen every time i shift nor every time i drive the car. Ill do a little testing of my own and see if its just during accel and or just at WOT.

My buddy just bought one of these out in Cali yesterday and drove through the night to get back to town. He is born and raised Chevy but said this car is everything he has ever wanted and more.

His quote was "It's such a good car. It does every thing I want it to. And somehow Ford packed loaded BMW 5 series options into a $20,000 hatchback."

He has made me want one and I've yet to drive one.

I can tell you its more fun than almost any other car i have ever owned. Not exactly fast but quick for what it is and can surprise a few people if they arent careful. Cant wait till the warranty is done so i can throw an intake, tune, FMIC and TBE on it.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I drove it last night, great car.

Our roads out here are absolute garbage so I noticed it's quite a bit more sporty than my 2012 GT in terms of ride comfort lol.

It was a lot of fun though, very planted and you can get on the throttle stupid early coming out of a turn and it's pretty composed and doesn't push.

He was averaging 30.9mpg too and it's not like those are easy miles lol.

GTtoSVT

Established Member
I don't feel any loss of fun going from the GT to ST. They are completely different but both an absolute blast to drive!!

I would recommend the ST all day long to anyone interested in one.

-Brian

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Took mine to the dealer, they found no problems. I am 99% sure its the engine movement causing the 2-3 hang. I am going to go pro it for a while and see if i can tell how far the engine rolls when it happens.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Took mine to the dealer, they found no problems. I am 99% sure its the engine movement causing the 2-3 hang. I am going to go pro it for a while and see if i can tell how far the engine rolls when it happens.

Also, look into going with a better rear motor mount. That should solve the problem. I like the COBB unit because it uses a stiffer rubber bushing and doesn't increase NVH as much as some of the poly/derlin/ or solid bushing mounts. It's a really easy install process with ramps or jack stands.

-Jeff

whiplash306

Established Member
Also, look into going with a better rear motor mount. That should solve the problem. I like the COBB unit because it uses a stiffer rubber bushing and doesn't increase NVH as much as some of the poly/derlin/ or solid bushing mounts. It's a really easy install process with ramps or jack stands.

-Jeff
I agree, the Cobb is definitely the way to go. My ONLY concern is that his car is hanging between the 2-3 shift even under normal, average, everyday driving….which, regardless as to the flimsiness of the stock mount, is NOT normal. I would HATE for him to mount up a new RMM, have the problem continue or reappear and then Ford POOP all over him (or at the least, give him a very difficult time) reference his tranny issue after they notice he has the mount.

But then again, it just "might" fix it…..FINGERS CROSSED! :)

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I can easily do the install. Piece of cake.
As for the issue. Car has 1096 miles on it and I have noticed that it's only at 3/4 to full throttle while under load.
I thankfully can go back to my old dealer to have it serviced under warranty without issues with aftermarket parts.
Cobb will be first mod. RMM I hope will quell this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread