My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Installled today. For the short drive I took it sounded perfect. No drone from what I can tell and has a nice growl to it from idle to redline.

Only gripe is the shitty exhaust tips. They are absolutely cheap pieces of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Mine didn't line up very well either.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. Mine didn't line up very well either.

Im shocked at how badly the tips fit though. Like they werent even close to fitting on the tail pipe. I had to use my tail pipe expander to open them up then slid them on. From there a friend had to use vice grips to hold the nut and bolt portions together to actually thread the bolt through to tighten them down.

Everything else was perfect. New stiff hangers was a nice touch also. I didnt expect that and am glad that i didnt have to spend another $40 on poly hangers.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Two more updates. Dizzy Tuning was offering a 2 for 1 special on a 93 octane/E30 tune for $75. So i bit the bullet and signed up. Going to test them Saturday and Sunday and see how close they are. Hoping for quite a bump in power on the E30 tune.

The exhaust is just ok. I dont love the sound as much as i thought i would. Its very raspy. Looking at other systems since this one is not my forte.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Decided to go with another exhaust system after driving it to work for a little over an hour. It has terrible drone on decel from anything over 70mph and just doesnt have a smooth sound with the windows open.

Looking at Magnaflow or Borla at this point. Something with a resonator and a muffler to keep it somewhat quiet but still have a tone to it.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Cobb is far and away the best sound and performance. The magna and borla are expensive and still use tiny piping. At least they used to it's been awhile since I looked.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Cobb is far and away the best sound and performance. The magna and borla are expensive and still use tiny piping. At least they used to it's been awhile since I looked.

The Magnaflow uses 2.25" piping. A miniscule amount bigger than the stock 2.17" stock piping. DHM dynode a car with stock exhaust on a big turbo setup and found no gain so I knew going into buying an exhaust it would be for sound only.

The MBRP was a great deal with free shipping but the design just doesn't sound good or work with the oddly shaped exhaust tunnel in the car. The tips were the worst part. For now, ill stick with a properly design catback from Magnaflow. I have had them in the past and they have always been spot on.

David Borla

We use our flowbenches and dynomometers to select the size piping that creates the most horsepower and torque throughout the entire powerband. Anything bigger than what we are using is going to slow you down until you reach wide open throttle. Be careful with horsepower claims that mention only one number, they are deliberately misleading, you need to understand how the exhaust performs at all RPMs. Tubing that's too large will especially slow you down while accelerating. We performed extensive testing on the Fiesta ST, with many different configurations, to ensure we chose the diameter that makes the most power through the entire RPM range. We can make any size diameter piping and we have the tooling to bend up to 7". We wouldn't offer it for sale if the pipe diameter wasn't the best it could be for this car. The easiest way to mislead enthusiasts about power is to use large pipes and quote only the peak horsepower numbers. Don't fall for it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
We use our flowbenches and dynomometers to select the size piping that creates the most horsepower and torque throughout the entire powerband. Anything bigger than what we are using is going to slow you down until you reach wide open throttle. Be careful with horsepower claims that mention only one number, they are deliberately misleading, you need to understand how the exhaust performs at all RPMs. Tubing that's too large will especially slow you down while accelerating. We performed extensive testing on the Fiesta ST, with many different configurations, to ensure we chose the diameter that makes the most power through the entire RPM range. We can make any size diameter piping and we have the tooling to bend up to 7". We wouldn't offer it for sale if the pipe diameter wasn't the best it could be for this car. The easiest way to mislead enthusiasts about power is to use large pipes and quote only the peak horsepower numbers. Don't fall for it.

Want to give me a HUGE discount on a Borla system for the Fiesta ST and ill document every single thing about it?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I am not falling for the larger is always better from vendors however, there is no power loss in the slightly larger exhaust and my plan was for a larger turbo when I purchased mine.

In terms of quality Borla is EXCELLENT but the Cobb is equally as impressive to me. They both sound better than almost all others out there. So then it comes to the fact that the Cobb is about $200 less and uses a larger exhaust size that does not hurt performance and will benefit if you ever go larger turbo.

Again, I think the Borla is a great product I just personally find the Cobb just as good and it's considerably less expensive.

My MBRP was garbage.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
The Magnaflow was $591.25 shipped. Cobb seems to be more expensive than Borla at a little over $700. Where is the Cobb listed for $200 less?

On the Whoosh website you can get the Borla for $659 + $32 shipping fee - 5% off using FiST5 = $656.45.
Lowest i could find the Cobb is $745 shipped at Mod Bargains.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Back when I was shopping (I want to say blackfriday 2 years ago) the Borla was ~$800 and the Cobb was around $700 then modbargins had a black friday promo code making it low 600's. It was $150-$200 more expensive when I was searching, but I got suckered in by MBRP black friday deal that had it at like $320 or something.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Magnaflow exhaust should be here today. Will detail the differences between the install on both and throw some before and after shots.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Magnaflow exhaust is in and tonight I will start to rip the MBRP system off to install the new catback. Very excited and you can see the quality in the welds and polishing of the pipes from Magnaflow. Pics to come once completed.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Took longer getting the MBRP off the car than to install the Magnaflow.

New tips look great and fit the fascia quite well.

f48577f26ef9c8ac633da5e6fee3ee9f.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
You can see them just poking out the bottom.
54dbff5816416ec1cb1420e637a57fbc.jpg

Magnaflow is absolutely amazing. Perfect sound and fitment.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Went for a nice cruise on Saturday afternoon on some backroads here in Maryland. Lovely day and the car feels planted.
Stopped by a spot for a picture I thought would look great. Think it turned out good!
3f5778c109a889e00980c5c9b38ed084.jpg

Also for Black Friday/Cyber Monday I ordered an Eibach read sway bar and a Mountune shift knob. The deals were too good to resist. Whoosh Motorsports has been great with pricing and shipping.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
New shift knob! Mountune black. Direct fit and finish is amazing.
e7c7c6b6f72b84017e2b387c5311c377.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Update! Dont drive during the winter now that i have the truck. So its just in the garage waiting for spring. I do want to take it out soon enough to try out the Eibach rear sway bar. Easy install and looks great poking out from underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread