My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Big thanks to Matt from Auto Nation Ford for the SVTP discount on the rear cargo mat! Fits great and shipped fast. Great price as always.
6aaa1a8b98a93e4485118a54bd4d9af1.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man. I need that! I just got the trunk super dirty from my softball cleats.

Part number is EE8Z-6111600-AA Cargo Mat. Ask Matt from Auto Nation(Old Tousley) and he can hook it up. Think it was around $77 for the mat and another $15 for shipping.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm seriously going to have to bug them until they let me take one for a ride. I'm in the market for new, cheap, fun daily driver since my Mustang will be sold this week here in Germany.

Do it. If its not big enough then check out the Focus. Both were great to drive but the Fiesta ST won my heart over. So. Much. Fun!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I've put 6400 on mine in 2 1/2 months. I just can't stop driving it.

I have to go to a jobsite every day and bringing a brand new car onto it was extremely frightening. Rocks, mud and nails scattered all over the place. At first i wasnt driving it at all and only bringing it out on the weekends. My Elantra's clutch is at the point where it needs to be replaced so i have been driving the Fiesta instead. I got permission to store my car in the paved and security monitored employee lot and so i have been driving it every day.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It's funny, we bought some econoboxes with some good suspension and hot engines but it's really hard not to treat them like higher end cars. If I bought a regular focus, I would probably not worry too much about door dings and stuff but with this car it has become my baby.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
It's funny, we bought some econoboxes with some good suspension and hot engines but it's really hard not to treat them like higher end cars. If I bought a regular focus, I would probably not worry too much about door dings and stuff but with this car it has become my baby.

^^ agreed LOL My ST gets treated as good as my GT!

The good thing is that it will be considered a "limited" production vehicle. Like the SVTF. I parked next to an SVTF the other day at the grocery store and they are almost the same size while the newer Focus is a giant.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Cobb AP3 or Livernois Livewire is next on the mod list. The torque truncation is terrible. It needs to go.

Anyone know of a sale going on for either of those two?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Picked one of these up last week. Amazing car! I never thought I would like or purchase a 4 cylinder, the power to weight the way one can toss the car in the corners with nothing but grip!

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just passed 7k miles! Been driving it everywhere while my daily gets the repairs it desperately needed.
f2b90206d3441509762a83747b32df7e.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Welp, little update. 18,630 miles of pure joy and fun. Added the large RMM bushing from Powerflex to get rid of the firewall banging. Also added a Boomba VTA adapter for the bypass valve and a Boomba short throw trans block. Great pieces of machine work. Both took less than an hour to install.

Next on the agenda is an Access Port with stage 1 tune and maybe some new wheels and mud flaps. Going for that "rally" look. FRPP 15 spoke wheels and some Rok Bloks flaps in black should make it look the part.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
23,500 miles as of today. Been an amazing car. A few notes from its journey.

1. A/C works great except when on both dash vents and floor vents. It feels like its barely there but still cools the car down. Nice since it doesnt interfere with the radio sound. Nice and quiet.

2. Hood and front bumper are prone to rock chips. Very, very, very thin paint for a car they knew would be a daily driver for alot of people. Im a little mad about this. Clear bra will have to be installed at some point after a paint correction session.

3. Cargo cover rattles. Took it out and probably wont use it again. Annoying as hell. Stupid design.

4. Gas mileage in the mid 30's with A/C and beating on it. $28 average fill up.

5. CP-E motor mount upgrade is the best mod i have done so far. Tune is next along with an intercooler.

6. Wheel and tire package is terrible. Thinking of going down to 16's for more comfort. 15's for that "rally" inspired look?

So far those are my notes while owning and driving this car for the past 23,500 miles. I will keep updating this thread when i can or have updates to post.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have 17k miles on mine. Same issues with rock chips.
30/31 mixed 33+ highway mileage.
Roller coaster on wheels when not behind any traffic.
Love the wheel and tire combo. Beside the limited tread life. 10k miles on front 70% tread used.
Ordered new tires based on sidewall puncture and told their not available. Went up to 205/45 s04 tires. Softer ride and more comfort with similar traction.

Best car I've ever had. Hate to say that since it's only a 4 cyl.

Users who are viewing this thread