Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is a nice project. Don't know how I missed that one. Your total investment is decent for what you have there. Does your buddy go with you often with his Elantra (477)?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, that is a nice project. Don't know how I missed that one. Your total investment is decent for what you have there. Does your buddy go with you often with his Elantra (477)?

Its the same car. He runs the number 477 and i run 325(which is my usual number). We dual drove that day since his Miata was down. We just pasted the 477 on top of the Chump car number panel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, the same car. Kevin, when I saw them I thought maybe it was a team effort. Thanks for the explanation.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
This past sunday's trackcross was a good day. One massive wreck put a damper on the whole event though and everyone backed off after that point. Course design definitely played a part in the wreck since the shutdown lane during the afternoon course was extremely tight. Wish they could have moved it back to allow a better braking zone. Guy in an RSX ended up backward into a concrete barrier and settled into part of a tire wall.

I came 20/83 in the morning and 20/83 in the afternoon. Fastest FiST in the morning but afternoon course was beat by another Fiesta guy by almost a second. He was super fast.

The new 215/45R16 Azenis 615K+ did amazing. They had a ton more grip and i wasnt beating the sidewalls up like the old Federals. Tire temps over the course of the day were also significantly less than the Federals.

Some pictures and videos from the event. You will see the TINY shutdown area on the afternoon runs.
Dec1320RBTS-32.jpg

Dec1320RBTS-148.jpg

Dec1320RBTS-1058.jpg

Dec1320RBTS-1232.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Trackcross went great. Summit Point, Jefferson Circuit. Placed 20/80 in the morning and 20/74 in the afternoon.
One photo from the owner of Mach V Motorsports who sponsors the event.
IMG_8661.JPG

One huge highlight was getting to see a 1 of 209 produced S209 WRX STI. Mach V Motorsports brought it out for people to check out. It was interesting to see the differences between it and a regular STI.
IMG_8650.JPG

IMG_8651.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Video from this past weekend's trackcross. Jefferson Circuit is certainly a little faster than the usual Shenandoah technical portions. Speeds going into Turn 11 are nearly into triple digits before getting hard on the brakes and out into the finish line.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Added a Lathe Works 2” shifter extension to help with awareness while on track. Not exactly a Coolerworks shifter but it should work for what I want.

Also back to the Mountune knob. Only one that feels proper in my hand.
IMG_8826.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good with the extension. If it works for you on the track, that's the important thing. That knob looks like something I'd be happy with, like it would fit well in my hand. Nice!!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
AWR had a great deal on motor mounts. So i picked up a rear motor mount and passenger side motor mount in 70 durometer. Ill keep my Boomba mount on backup in case the bushing in the RMM doesnt last.

The Boomba mount is almost too stiff and added quite a bit more NVH than i was expecting. I can hear the DI injectors fire through the mount its that stiff.

So im hoping the larger and softer bushing of the AWR will help quell some of the NVH and with the added passenger side mount will eliminate all wheel hop.
IMG_8973.JPG
IMG_8974.JPG

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
When do you plan to test out the new mounts?

Going to throw them on this weekend. Ill have all of Saturday to knock out some car stuff on both the Fiesta and Elantra. Next track event is on March 21 at Summit Point but im not 100% committed on which car to bring. I feel like i need a Fiesta day but we really need to get as much track time on the Elantra as possible to be sure all the bugs are worked out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sucks to be conflicted, Kevin. LOL. I totally understand why you really need "a Fiesta day". Must be a blast to track it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks to be conflicted, Kevin. LOL. I totally understand why you really need "a Fiesta day". Must be a blast to track it.
I think any day on track in any car is a blast. Takes away all the real world garbage and just sets your mind to "fun mode" for a few hours. The Fiesta has surprised me beyond all my expectations for a track toy. When i had my Mustang i was always worried about cost associated with consumables and i tried to cheap out on things which usually didnt go very well. With the Fiesta its 1/4 the budget from the Mustang era yet just as much fun if not a slight bit more. I plan on keeping this car for the long haul so we will see how far the build/track miles will go.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
AWR motor mounts going in this week. I have felt some sloppy movement and a bit of a thunk while shifting coming from the passenger side.

AWR does not have a driver side mount just yet. In the meantime, i plan on removing the mount and putting some 3m window weld in the vast open spaces to firm the whole thing up. Going to start tonite and hope to have all three done by Friday.

Trackcross this weekend on Jefferson Circuit this Saturday to break them in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread