My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Got all my materials to build full on brake ducts to add on top of the Boomba air deflectors for the brake cooling.

2.5" foglight brake inlets
2.5" to 2" silicone reducer
2" aluminum pipe joiner
2" silicone brake duct hose
WorFab ducted backing plates(thanks @cidasmuth for these)

IMG_2421.JPG

Had to run to Home Depot for some worm gear clamps to affix each part but other than that i think they are ready to get installed.

Partnering it all with a new master cylinder to replace the blown one and some Torque FT700 brake fluid. This should end my brake woes on track.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Picked up some Super Pro control arms with the offset caster bushings with a $50 off coupon from Whoosh Motorsports.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
After much discussion, on track testing and driving i have found the Ford Racing/B14 B-Spec setup and my current HSD coilovers to be a comfort killer.

Plan is:
Bilstein B8's
Swift Spec R springs
DNA front camber plates/top hats
Super Pro Front Control arms w/ caster bushings
Whoosh rear spring pads
Custom Delrin Rear Torsion Beam Bushings
Whoosh Rear Torsion Beam centering bushings
Whoosh Front Subframe centering bushings
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
Whoosh Torsion Beam brace

Eibach Front Sway bar(this is a maybe, dont want to add understeer)

Alignment:
-2.5 camber
+4.5 caster
0 toe

Ill keep the Ford Racing B-Spec and HSD Mono Pro's on the shelf in the mean time. Will throw some helper springs onto the HSD's for the future plans(to eliminate the spring clunk up front) but for now i want to have fun with the car at HPDE's and Trackcross events. The B8/Swift combo was my favorite setup ive run on the car to date and the track times reflected how comfortable i felt driving the car at the limit.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
After alignment im a bit worried the bushings installed by Super Pro or Whoosh(whomever put the arms together) are backwards.

From what i remember from past alignments, the car would have around +4 caster. The Super Pro bushings should add +.5 to that number. But after the alignment a week or so ago the caster reading only came out to +3.5.

Time for some investigation before pulling a control arm. I hope i can tell if the bushings are correctly oriented or not by just looking at them in full droop.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Picked up a Mishimoto intake kit that was on blowout. It was open box from a shipping company that had a return so it was a gamble on my end but it was ridiculously cheap. Opened it up when i received it and found everything present that was on the parts list. Even had the little penguin air freshener in the package.

Installed it yesterday without much issue. Fitment after adjustment is excellent but getting to that point is a chore. They really pack the whole thing in there and very little tolerance when putting each part together.

Overall happy with the look. Will drive it tonight and see how it feels. Dont expect much over the ST200 airbox and Whoosh inlet hose.

Everything pulled out of the package.
IMG_3138.JPG

Installed.
IMG_3141.JPG

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Been a while since i updated this thread. Scheduled for a track day at Summit Point in April.

Bled the brake system to ensure no pedal loss this round along with adding dedicated ducting using backing plates at the rotors. Should get plenty of air flow to keep them happy.

Hoping for a solid day on track without issues.

Users who are viewing this thread