my new set up (tvs, fore, metco ect...)

94slowbra1

Established Member
Do you have the complete basani kit? Sound clip if so?
not yet. right now im bassani headers, bassani off road x with resonators installed in place of the cats and borla stinger cat back. i have the 3" bassani c/b but the clown who had it before me cut the flow tubes. so now they are too short to connect to my x. plus i still need to polish it up which isnt going to be fun and order the flow tubes. will post sound clip when its all together

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
and im finished tuning on 93. while i dont have any numbers to compare to the whipple i can say it feels more torquey down low and i pulls HARD up top. i have 17* timing and 19lbs of boost. looking at the logs it looks like im getting a little belt slip around 6300. not only does it feel very strong it has very good street manners. fires right up both hot and cold, idles smooth, no bucking at lower rpms ect...
overall im very happy with the set up. ill try and get some gropro footage soon. im also going to try and find a dyno that will let me make a couple pulls so i can compare the 93 to the e85 tune.
so now ill be looking for a 3.0 upper and some id1000 or id1050x injectors

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Nice, do you think (Kevin) the ID1000's will be enough fto support a E-85 tune?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Sounds good, I really need to get with you about a E-85 tune Kevin. I'm just ironing

davidbettencour

Established Member
so ive debated long and hard about pulling the trigger on a tvs. is it worth the money? well i finally decided it was time. and along with the the whipple to tvs swap came a bunch of other "upgrades". here is a list of things im adding/swapping out:
2.3 whipple gen 1 to a 2.3 tvs gen 2
stock inlet and throttle body to gt500 inlet and throttlebody
stock mass air with mafia to sct big air 3000
billetflow idlers to metco dual bearing idlers
factory fuel system with BAP to fore 1e return system with gss342 pumps
borla stinger cat back to bassani 3" catback (both are polished)
jms tune to 04sleeper tune
there are a few other things here are there that are being cleaned up or replaced but these are the main things. old set up made 616/575. anything higher than that is a win. eventually ill swap out my pumps for some aem 50-1200 pumps and my 60s for some id1000s and throw the corn at it. unfortunately im out of cash right now.
pretty much got everything under the hood done. need to wire in and plump the fuel system. then we can start tuning. here are a couple of pics so far
20170131_230329.jpg

20170206_162146.jpg

How does the GT500 inlet and throttle body flow compared to the accufab piece for the terminator??? I didn't know you could but the GT500 parts on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
I don't have flow numbers for either but looking at them side by side it's obvious the gt500 set up flows more. The bigger debate is whether or not these set ups need more flow especially at lower boost levels.
If I had a Accufab or billetflow already I might have saved the $$$ and reused it. But I had a stocker so I needed to upgrade and I would have always wondered if I was leaving hp on the table. I will eventually upgrade to e85 and will throw even more boost at it so the bigger t/b should shine then.
Overall I'm happy with my decision and there is no question that my set up is getting all the air it needs. Plus the drivability is great and it looks nice too

davidbettencour

Established Member
I have an Accufab on mine. When you said you were doing it, I was wondering if the GT500 flowed more. I was about to sell the accufab and buy the GT500 unit. Just building the car and getting ready to sell, so I was just curious.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I have an Accufab on mine. When you said you were doing it, I was wondering if the GT500 flowed more. I was about to sell the accufab and buy the GT500 unit. Just building the car and getting ready to sell, so I was just curious.

I've been researching this hard. If you are selling the car, you might as well just leave the AF throttle body on.

94slowbra1

Established Member

If you are selling it just save the cash and stick with the accufab

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

The gt500 tb idles like the stock unit. I've seen plenty of threads in the last 7 years about accufab tb and idling issues.

That alone makes the gt500 worth it.

davidbettencour

Established Member
I run a Whipple 140ax with 3.5 inch pulley, long tube headers with catted H-pipe and Magnaflow 3.5" tips, 60lbs injectors, 4lb lower, kennel bell BAP, JLT ram air intake, and a SCT BA2400 MAF meter. The only issue I have really had is the car shuts down sometime after a hard boost run, so I have to stare at my tachometer to see if it's bouncing all over the place. If so, I know I have to rev the motor and keep the rpms up. I'd like to fix that before I sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread