my new set up (tvs, fore, metco ect...)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
thanks. i just spoke with justin at fore and he came up with a fuel pump plan for me that will fit both power goals and be street/long distance friendly.
also big thanks to jason (trbo vnm), he has been great answering all my questions and helping figure out this fuel system. plus he has great prices!

Jason is the man! I bought the majority of my parts from him.

TRBO VNM

thanks. i just spoke with justin at fore and he came up with a fuel pump plan for me that will fit both power goals and be street/long distance friendly.
also big thanks to jason (trbo vnm), he has been great answering all my questions and helping figure out this fuel system. plus he has great prices!

Yup, you will be happy. Keep me posted during install with any questions you may have. I have a few other install processes I follow that I can share with you when you start running hoses and stuff.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
pump will just be incase i cant get the e85. ive read so much about the e85, im stoked to see how it feels. you have a big part as to why im changing ;)

LOL, glad I could help! You won't be disappointed, I'm sure there will be a "holy shit" comment the first time you stab the throttle on the corn brew tune

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'm sure there will be. Like I said I'm stuck with 93 until at least April when more "mod money" comes around. I guess I'll have to be happy with my 600 for a few more months.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'm sending some stuff back to fore for an upgrade. Going twin 465s with a pressure switch. Also going fc3 instead of fc2. Justin has been nothing but helpful with the exchange. And again Jason has been a huge help (and motivational) in getting this done. Hopefully it all pays off

94slowbra1

Established Member
finally got my belt in, Gates k080816hd 82 1/8". just in case anybody is wondering about pulley configuration: 3.2 tvs upper, metco 4lb lower, metco 3.2 alt, 3 metco 100s and 1 90mm idlers, factory tensioner and pulley. fits great and only $25 through amazon. looks to have good belt wrap with the metco 100mm idler. now i can button up the rest of the engine bay.
20170208_131016.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
and i have the bay all done. i havent put the rear panel in yet because i still need to put my strut tower brace back in and im not doing that until im certain everything is working properly.
also i started running fuel line. think i have a pretty good route to keep everything safe and cool. now im just waiting to get all my stuff back from fore so i can finish the install and get it back on the road
20170208_155841.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
and i have the bay all done. i havent put the rear panel in yet because i still need to put my strut tower brace back in and im not doing that until im certain everything is working properly.
also i started running fuel line. think i have a pretty good route to keep everything safe and cool. now im just waiting to get all my stuff back from fore so i can finish the install and get it back on the road
20170208_155841.jpg

Look'n good!

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Looking good, love the red valve covers. I almost pulled the trigger on a TVS this year but decided to build the IRS with FTBR, headers install, upgraded struts and shocks, and speedhut gauges in a SOS pod first instead. Can't wait to see what you put down!

MG0h3

Established Member
Not sure where you're putting the reg but if you put it in the fender you should need an extra 5 feet of hose or so over what the kits come with.

Also you can save a bunch of money using a couple 6$ relays instead of their controller if you aren't worried about looks.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

94slowbra1

Established Member
Not sure where you're putting the reg but if you put it in the fender you should need an extra 5 feet of hose or so over what the kits come with.

Also you can save a bunch of money using a couple 6$ relays instead of their controller if you aren't worried about looks.

I am putting it in the fender and I discovered that I'm short abouterm 1' of line. Jason is taking care if me with that. I'm sure I could have done that but it just seemed easier to have a complete set up.

Do it, do it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't comment yet but obviously I'm a little biased

I know C6 is making low 700s on a Whipple 2.3 @21-22. Is it worth the expense to go to a TVS?

I'll findo out soon
Looks like a fun combo!
I'm counting on you to bring it to life

MG0h3

Established Member
damn man that blows on the hose. Luckily the last run of hose I was making was from the tank to filter which I place right up by the torque box so it was only 5' I had to buy. If I would cut the return hose last I wouldve had to splice or buy 15'

94slowbra1

Established Member
It's just the run from the regulator to the rail. It's about 4ft and I look to have about 3 left. In the grand scheme of this project it's an easy fix

Rock SVT

Established Member
I know C6 is making low 700s on a Whipple 2.3 @21-22. Is it worth the expense to go to a TVS?

^ that's my plan is to take his old whipple (20psi) run some Sunoco 110 and about 25 degrees of timing should put me close to 700whp. That's what I'm shooting for anyways.

But I do think the TVS is the better blower of the two. Car looks great man! Nice work!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

94slowbra1

Established Member
believe me that crossed my mind a bunch of times. just upgrade the fuel system and add some more boost. so far im glad i made the switch. i hope that whipple gets you where you want to be, it was and is a great blower. i just had the itch for something different, hopefully it works out

Users who are viewing this thread