my new set up (tvs, fore, metco ect...)

94slowbra1

Established Member
so ive debated long and hard about pulling the trigger on a tvs. is it worth the money? well i finally decided it was time. and along with the the whipple to tvs swap came a bunch of other "upgrades". here is a list of things im adding/swapping out:
2.3 whipple gen 1 to a 2.3 tvs gen 2
stock inlet and throttle body to gt500 inlet and throttlebody
stock mass air with mafia to sct big air 3000
billetflow idlers to metco dual bearing idlers
factory fuel system with BAP to fore 1e return system with gss342 pumps
borla stinger cat back to bassani 3" catback (both are polished)
jms tune to 04sleeper tune
there are a few other things here are there that are being cleaned up or replaced but these are the main things. old set up made 616/575. anything higher than that is a win. eventually ill swap out my pumps for some aem 50-1200 pumps and my 60s for some id1000s and throw the corn at it. unfortunately im out of cash right now.
pretty much got everything under the hood done. need to wire in and plump the fuel system. then we can start tuning. here are a couple of pics so far
20170131_230329.jpg

20170206_162146.jpg

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
You will love the corn. The initial setup should do well. Try and get the old graph and the new one over laid and show us. Engine bay looks great too!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Setup looks great!

616/575 on the old setup was pretty damn aggressive for pump gas....04sleeper tunes relatively conservative on pump, and for good reason. You will see the "true" madness of that new setup once you switch to the corn, up the boost and he can unleash the tune

TRBO VNM

Looking good John. Thank you for the business. Let me know if you have any other questions during your fuel system install. And let me know if you need any other help with getting the pumps changed out. And for others reading, the AEM pumps (50-1200 at least) are no longer offered as of now because they changed the nipple and actually removed it, so it is smooth connection now. Fore doesn't trust it in the hat or even using a clamp on it. Added risk of possible leak.

cj428mach

Established Member
And for others reading, the AEM pumps (50-1200 at least) are no longer offered as of now because they changed the nipple and actually removed it, so it is smooth connection now. Fore doesn't trust it in the hat or even using a clamp on it. Added risk of possible leak.

I hope aem redesigns them, as I know someday ill need a replacement. Naturally I put the death curse on the 50 1200s by going with them.

94slowbra1

Established Member
You will love the corn. The initial setup should do well. Try and get the old graph and the new one over laid and show us. Engine bay looks great too!
ill have to search for the old graph but im hoping for more tq. thanks

Looks great. Just installed the Metco DB kit myself this weekend and very happy with it.
my billetflow ones were looking a little rough and i wanted the upgrade of the dual bearings. these look great.

Looks good. I like the red cam covers.
thanks. id actually like to redo them to match my 10th accents a little better but they will do for now

Setup looks great!

616/575 on the old setup was pretty damn aggressive for pump gas....04sleeper tunes relatively conservative on pump, and for good reason. You will see the "true" madness of that new setup once you switch to the corn, up the boost and he can unleash the tune
pump will just be incase i cant get the e85. ive read so much about the e85, im stoked to see how it feels. you have a big part as to why im changing ;)

I hope aem redesigns them, as I know someday ill need a replacement. Naturally I put the death curse on the 50 1200s by going with them.
i was pretty bummed when i heard about the redesign. im waiting to hear back from justin at fore about my options.

im just curious, if u swapped blowers why not upgrade at the same time? a 4L whip would get er done
not to sound like a baby but thats way to much blower for what i want. pure street car, i want instant power and there becomes a point when too much power starts costing alot more $$$. ive had more than my fair share of high hp cars. i just want a simple combo.
i see you are in NO. what kind of car do you have? maybe ive sen it wround

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Thats funny i have contemplated that exact swap. I have your basic same old set up. Made 598rwhp on my old tune. On an 04sleeper pump gas tune now and it feels great. But the TVS Corn has been calling me.

cj428mach

Established Member
ill have to search for the old graph but im hoping for more tq. thanks

my billetflow ones were looking a little rough and i wanted the upgrade of the dual bearings. these look great.

thanks. id actually like to redo them to match my 10th accents a little better but they will do for now

pump will just be incase i cant get the e85. ive read so much about the e85, im stoked to see how it feels. you have a big part as to why im changing ;)

i was pretty bummed when i heard about the redesign. im waiting to hear back from justin at fore about my options.

not to sound like a baby but thats way to much blower for what i want. pure street car, i want instant power and there becomes a point when too much power starts costing alot more $$$. ive had more than my fair share of high hp cars. i just want a simple combo.
i see you are in NO. what kind of car do you have? maybe ive sen it wround

If you're in deciphas area it would be very hard not to take it to him for a tune.
Www.efidynotuning.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
Thats funny i have contemplated that exact swap. I have your basic same old set up. Made 598rwhp on my old tune. On an 04sleeper pump gas tune now and it feels great. But the TVS Corn has been calling me.
i came across a good deal that made me a few bucks that i was able to put back into the car. ive considered it for a while and figured this was the best time to do it. i keep hearing all these good things about the tvs and e85

If you're in deciphas area it would be very hard not to take it to him for a tune.
Www.efidynotuning.com
well judging by his location we are very close. id like some more info.

Jealous, looks good.
thanks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great op! I'm a little disappointed that aem changed the pump design.

94slowbra1

Established Member
thanks. i just spoke with justin at fore and he came up with a fuel pump plan for me that will fit both power goals and be street/long distance friendly.
also big thanks to jason (trbo vnm), he has been great answering all my questions and helping figure out this fuel system. plus he has great prices!

Users who are viewing this thread