My New Ride Finally

falcon65

Established Member
After over a year searching I finally found my 2005 Premium GT! :thumbsup:

A fellow here in Houston was being transfered to Scotland and couldn't take his car with him and had to sell it. :( His loss was my gain! :D

It is a Silver 2005 Mustang Premium GT, leather, color me dash, side airbags, V-8, 5-speed, NO SPOILER, Foose 20 X 8.5 Speedster Chrome Mags, Nitto 555 255/35 ZR rated tires and only 11,000 miles. It has no dents, scratches, dings, rock chips, etc. and even still has that "new car" smell. The best part is that I was able to buy the car for thousands less than I could buy a new one even with my X-Plan. :D

See pix below. Hope ya'll like it!

Terry

TC2005Mustang.jpg

falcon65

Established Member
Thanks guys! :beer:

I really had mixed emotions about getting chrome wheels at first, but I am getting used to them now and they really are different from any others that I have seen. :-D

Terry

falcon65

Established Member
Thanks again for all the nice comments! :thumbsup:

I haven't had a lot of time to drive it much in the past couple of weeks but took it out today and was very pleased with the way it ran and with the 20's x 255/35's it handles like it is on rails! ;-)

Can't wait to take it out on a track day to get a "baseline" for performance. I'm thinking about adding the FMS suspension kit to it and that should really make it handle. :burnout:

Undertow

Established Member
Nice wheels Falcon. Was the car lowered at all? Also, have you noticed any loss in acceleration due to the size of the rims? Just Curious.

falcon65

Established Member
757gt...Thanks! :-D

Undertow...no I haven't lowered the car yet but am getting ready to order the FRPP handling kit to get it down lower in the rear and make it handle better in the corners. :burnout:

The tires and wheels are supposed to be the same rolling diameter as the stock 17" wheels and tires...but I'm not sure if that is the truth or not. :shrug:

Terry

Undertow

Established Member
Thanks Terry. I'm now looking at getting an 06 GT with the 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels for a starter. Just wondered, anything you could do without on this car? Specifically, the stereo equipment and all that? I can't see a six disc changer or a some subwoofer doing me any good. If you have that equipment, do you enjoy it?

falcon65

Established Member
Undertow,

I didn't get the Shaker 1000 as I didn't want to use up the extra space in the trunk area. Mine has the My Color Dash (which I haven't learned to use yet) :shrug: , side airbags (which I think are a MUST[safety issue with me]), Upgraded interior (charcoal leather) and NO SPOILER (I really don't like the factory spoiler). I use everything that I have on the car with the exception of the My Color Dash and really enjoy driving the car. I am in the process of installing the frpp mufflers (axle back only), frpp shifter (hurst), and possibly the entire handling package (springs, front shocks/struts, sway bars and engine crossbrace). Then I plan to put on some better brake pads and stainless steel hoses for the calipers. That's all I have planned to do to the car at the present.

Hope that helps some. :)

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread