my new FX2....?'s for you truck guys

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
No I'm not looking for performance, just a slightly higher stance that I'm looking at my options as to what will accomplish that. If I was into off-roading I woulda got a 4x4, ya know

madsci

level the truck and throw on some 33's or 35's and call it a day

I'm shooting for the same thing, but the truck IS for towing my race car. If you don't like the combo step it up another notch.

2" level is like $70 if you do it yourself. Tires....well that depends on what you want.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
If you want to lift it and get big tires, return it and buy a 4x4.

I'd get a leveling kit and maybe some slightly bigger tires to fill the wheelwells. Since you are towing and its a 4x2, I doubt you'll need mud tires. Mudders will wear much faster since most of them have a softer compound, plus make a lot of noise. Also, I'm pretty sure you'll get made fun of a lot driving a 4x2 sport truck with big ass tires and a giant lift.

+1.

Leveling kit that bitch and some bigger rims. Make sure to get at LEAST 8 ply tires since you're gonna be towing.

Since its a 4x2 you'll look rediculous on 35's whining all around town.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
+1.

Leveling kit that bitch and some bigger rims. Make sure to get at LEAST 8 ply tires since you're gonna be towing.

Since its a 4x2 you'll look rediculous on 35's whining all around town.

Well said...It's a 4X2...if you lift it, nothing greater than 4" or get a new FX4 sticker, lol...I say X2 on the leveling kit for now with some bigger meats...BFG A/Ts are great proven tire...have them on my truck...

Jroc

Established Member
I agree I would not lift a 2x4, but I personally prefer a little rake on a truck just like I do a Mustang.

BTW Ford builds a very good vehicle, and in particular they build a excellent fullsize truck thats just as solid as any other make. That truck should stay rock solid for many long miles.

Congrats, it is very nice!

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Check out the F150online forums. The Post Pics of Your Lifted F150 thread has a lot of pictures of different setups, a lot of 2WD trucks too. It's an easy way to see what your truck might look like with different lifts and tire combos. The guys there helped me out a lot with my truck.

Edit: looks like you already signed up there:beer:

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
k after reading a lot, it looks like a level kit is what i'm looking for
so now do i do the 2'', 2.5'', or 3''

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
2.5" LEVEL KIT WITH 35/60/18's FTW!

I get compliments everyday. Perfect Setup IMO without spending an arm and a leg!

l_ac6608d359fca46de128abb351d196ef.jpg

I thnk between lift and tires and I gain prob close 4-5" of lift

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
k after reading a lot, it looks like a level kit is what i'm looking for
so now do i do the 2'', 2.5'', or 3''

2.5 MAX.....I have read several horror stories about the 3". it puts the cv joints at too much of an angle. My 2.5" is still quite a bit of angle but has been that way for about 40k miles so it seems to be okay.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I want a leveling kit for my 2wd 05 F-150 4 door (clearance issue sometimes). This is my question,

1.) how much?
2.) what is the tallest tire with no rub. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the problem with leveling is that every time you have weight in the bed the truck will look awful. does anyone like the look and the front end higher than the bed of the truck.

figure how many times you will need to use your truck for whats designed for before you come to any conclusions about height.:idea: i would raise the front a little but still leave a small rake so the truck is still level when your working.:pepper:

figment521

Established Member
I agree I would not lift a 2x4, but I personally prefer a little rake on a truck just like I do a Mustang.

With that said I would raise the truck 1" in front and 2" out back. Or 2" in the front and 3" in the back.

For tires I think 305-60-18 or 33-12.50-18 would look good if you wish to use 18" rims or 305-50-20 if you wish to use 20" rims.

PS the 20" tires are cheaper

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
one thing i noticed while researching trucks is that 2wd has slightly more towing capacity than the 4wd, although not by much

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
here's my setup that i'm gonna go with
20x10 Moto Metal 951's
33x13.5x20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
2.5'' level kit

this is what it'll look like

sealteem1-albums-my-new-wheels-picture27875-dscn0162.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread