My new Comp Orange '16 GT Premium - "The Peel"

ThomasL

Established Member
So let's get this out of the way: I'm insane. Ok good. I recently traded in my '14 Shelby with 800rwhp for a '16 GT Premium with an auto. I think way back when I even ragged on a guy on here for doing the same. Anyways, I drove the piss outta my Shelby and after nearly 20k miles I just needed a change and got tired of the car being down for little fixes here and there. Yes, I'm still insane. After test driving an s550 there was no doubt in my mind it is a superior car in every way aside from the disgusting amount of power my Shelby had. That can be addressed. So here I sit with a car I am absolutely in love with now. It didn't stay stock for long. Tint, wheels, black emblems and an NGauge with tuning provided by VMP all within week one of ownership. Springs and cradle kit from BMR are sitting in my garage as well awaiting install. Really happy with this car so far. My son is too as it matches some of his clothes :)

Here are some pics of The Peel. More pics and mods to come.

IMG_6380_zpsn1rroo7z.jpg

IMG_6388_zpsvmvx0ktn.jpg

IMG_6356_zpsasax20wz.jpg

IMG_6325_zpseagle1qw.jpg

IMG_6348_zps24jk2dbc.jpg

IMG_6089_zpsmqm1y91c.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Nice looking, and your son definitely looks like he really approves. LOL. Big change, power wise, of course. Keep us posted on mods you install. You sure didn't waste any time ordering the first batch. :)

mystickb1996

Established Member
Approve! car looks great not insane man you'll have a consistent car with similar power after a blower. And you will most likely be in the 9s before long. you thinking of the same setup at the shelby, VMP tvs?

RichM1983

Established Member
My father-in-law works at a Ford dealer. I wish you had traded your Shelby in there lol.

Great looking car. I've always drooled over the 03/04's and considered selling mine for a Coyote but always ended up preferring the Cobra in the end. The S550 has finally swayed me but fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your outlook, I can't swing one yet. lol

Congrats on a great car. I look forward to seeing what you have in mind for it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Looks good man! Been contemplating a '16 myself.

gabe1530

Banned
awesome, im looking forward to what your going to do.
i actually really like the oem wheels that yours came with.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I want to drive a new one myself.

These stories challenge me and my will.

Looks good.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Love it - well done! Just for shits and gigs though, why the auto?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
The auto will be very consistent if he's a drag racer at heart. Nice car, there's one with your paint code in company lot.

ThomasL

Established Member
Thanks guys! I went with the auto just to have as an option if i go full blown racecar again haha. Hated chasing clutch issues in my Shelby. And i experienced having fun and going fast-ish with the stick so like i said, just needed a change. No plans for boost yet but i'll update once that is decided.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I think Ford did a great job with the new body style. Your mods I don't care for (black wheels).

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good. Ford did a great job with the 15's+.
Can't wait to see the mod list for the car grow.

I was following your clutch issues. Damn shame that was a pita for you for a while.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats looks like your son really likes it as well. You picked the best color too but I may be biased.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Can you fit a car seat in the back of that thing? I'm thinking of buying one but may need the occasional kid transport

Users who are viewing this thread