my new cat

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Ended up trading in both my 16 charger and 13 CTSV for the Redeye. Initial impressions is it feels fast, but I haven't really gotten on it fully. Gas mileage is CTSV bad. Surprisingly the Charger HC got decent gas mileage especially on the highway, could be due to the rear gear. I like the 3.09 rear ratio vs the Chargers 2.62, so it should run bottom 10's with a tire. We'll see. In my Eurphoria I didn't realize it didn't have memory seats or the Harmon Kardon system.

The reason I went with this over the new GT500 is #1 price. I ended up getting $15K off sticker with the rebate $8470(had additional $500) and dealer discounting. #2 although the GT500 is a solid performer the looks are over the top for me. I prefer the look of the GT350 much better.

redeye2.jpg
redeye1.jpg
redeye3.jpg

AssPikle

Established Member
Very well done and very nice. I love my scat, but a redeye would be nice. I'm good though as I commute daily and my mileage I average is 19. Any worse and i would have to fill the tank twice a week. Cant see doing that honestly.

Yes you dont buy this car for the mileage, but if you can some practicality out of it, it's all that much better.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
thank you. I tried pulling the yellow cover off, but it's bolted on or something. Gives me something to do tomorrow.

Some push pins underneath it at the corners. I mean you could take the yellow abomination off or.......you could leave it on and get you a pair of shoes like this guy and take it to the track and run 13’s all day.....
IMG_3752.jpg

You won’t be disappointed.

Glad to hear I’m not alone on the whole mileage thing. My Redeye is so much worse than my Hellcat Challenger was. I had assumed it was 3.09 vs the 2.62 as well. It was weird. Until I got used to it running the higher rpms on the highway I kept thinking it was stuck in 7th and waiting for the downshift.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My94GT

Established Member
Beautiful, it’s hard to pass up the deals on these. If I were to go shopping today I’d cross shop the red eye wide body and the ZL1. The GT500 just carries such a hefty price tag for a weekend street car. Top dog no doubt but damn pricey

Users who are viewing this thread