My new car has the tick, under 500 miles =(

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Not too loud yet, but definitely loud enough to hear. Damn =( How long should I wait before taking it to the dealer for the swap?

~Berj

Orange Poison

Established Member
Berj,

Are you sure it's the tick? Not that I don't believe you, but others have confused the tick for the morning tap or knock.

Is it still present during operating temp or is it just during cold startup?

I didn't see you a McCoy this weekend....sorry to miss you. Oh, there was this fellow there with a Cobra that had the tick. Very distinctive sound, when he gave it gas you could the tick sound louder.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
I'll double check that it makes the noise when warm too, but it sounded right to me. Like I said, not too loud yet, so we'll see - maybe I'll give it just a bit.

Sorry I couldn't make it over the weekend =/ Next gathering, for sure!

~Berj

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
if there's just the slight chance that there's something wrong w/ your car i highly recommend taking it in asap to at least get the situation documented. c.y.a.

fakesnake had the car w/ the tick. granted it was a really BAD case of the tick, but the sound was definitely unique. his headers actually made the tick louder!

Orange Poison

Established Member
fakesnakes tick was not the loudest I've heard....his is pronounced...but I've heard some several hundred feet away......it sounded nasty, but I didn't think at the time it could be the tick....but now it's like:idea: that was the tick.

The ticks that are bad sound like a really bad exhaust leak to me.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
I thought for sure that I had the tick, then I changed to Amsoil full synthetic, and now I don't hear anything....

-norcal_cobra

Users who are viewing this thread