My new 2021 F-150 quality issues...

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Feels like it's a hit or miss for any brand.Sucks paying that much to see defects but it's still human error/sometimes the robots **** up too.

My 19 Ram was pretty good overall QA/QC. Fathers Trackhawk had some minor alignment issues with one of the doors/his front seat worked 50% of the time before they fixed it.
Wifes 18 expedition had no issues like that.

etc for newer cars we've bought

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Feels like it's a hit or miss for any brand.Sucks paying that much to see defects but it's still human error/sometimes the robots **** up too.

This is how I see it, honestly any new car no matter who you buy from is going to be a gamble. I've seen plenty of brand new BMW's with defects showing up at my friend's dealer over the years.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Yeah cause Ford is 100% Americana. You almost sound like a Ford salesman and salesmen never lie.
I buy what ever product I like best. Who ever makes the best quality and the best product. I am loyal to no one or no country. In fact I’m saving up to buy a Germanic car. Because I deem them to be the best. Just my opinion.

HAHA You called it Bidens Ford, then he Called Chevy/Dodge names and you get upset then explain how you buy whatever you feel/want.. Nicely done..

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
HAHA You called it Bidens Ford, then he Called Chevy/Dodge names and you get upset then explain how you buy whatever you feel/want.. Nicely done..
The only thing you honestly got wrong is when you said I got upset. You’re inferring that. Just like I could say “you’re getting triggered” because I insulted Ford.
Either way. I can assure you I was not upset in the least but you don’t have to believe me.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Blame COVID I guess? If they like any other manufacturer, they can’t get anyone to work and I bet their training is lacking as well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
It's painful when you spend a lot of money and stuff isn't perfect. I can relate. Hope you get it all fixed correctly and thank goodness it's under warranty!
I tend to buy used so if it isn't perfect, I try to get the price down. Makes me smile from ear to ear cause I am not out to impress anyone with the way my vehicle looks. It just has to look good to me. Being medicated for my OCD, I just don't give a shit about much anymore!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Blame COVID I guess? If they like any other manufacturer, they can’t get anyone to work and I bet their training is lacking as well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I tend to agree with this no excuse for OP’s new truck to be like that. At least it’s under warranty. We can’t get people that want to work and if we do most are lazy. As well as they maybe letting stuff like this through being back logged in supply chain and hoping some customers will never notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
My 17 has never left me stranded but its been nothing but a headache so far. The parts they are using these days are cheap and the QC at Ford has gone down hill over the years. Here are a few things I have gone through on my 17:
- Numerous recalls, cant count how many times I have had to take it in. Latest one was reprogramming for cam phasers, truck will more than likely need new cam phasers installed.

- Door handles froze last winter and my doors would not shut. Took it to dealer and they performed the TSB on one door when I told them all 4 were not closing. I realize this is a dealer issue but the fact we have this issue in the first place is not impressive. More than likely my truck will be back at the dealer this winter to fix the other doors.

- Dash is warped from heat under windshield, does not bother me as I dont notice but the fact Ford knows about this and has done nothing is concerning.

- APIM replaced under warranty, 10 months later the new APIM craps out....... now out of warranty. I am not able to use GPS or bluetooth since the system is so laggy and it freezes constantly. I'm not about to dish out money on a product that's more than likely going to fail several months later.

- Truck was overheating on long drives, coolant temps would get in the low 240s and the fans were always on high. Ford said this is normal and blamed me for swapping in a new lower grill stating I changed the air flow, complete BS. I changed out the thermostat myself and problem fixed. The max coolant temp I see when towing is 210 now...... yeah Ford it was my lower grill.

- Truck has always had a shutter at 1200 RPMS when under load. Again Ford says this is normal and they see nothing wrong with it. I love cruising through my neighborhood feeling a slight vibration throughout the truck......

- Oil plan has started to leak where it seals to block. I guess this is common with the composite oil pans but looks like ill be back at the dealer again to have it resealed on my next oil change.

All this over 41k miles. The truck drives smooth and I like it but once my 60K mile powertrain warranty is up this thing will more than likely be sold. I will catch crap for this but im highly considering jumping ship over to the new Tundra. I had an 07 years back and while it guzzled gas it was damn reliable and no issues.

Hopefully my truck is one of the few but as I searched forums all of the above problems seem to be common. OP I hope the dealer takes care of your issues and you get to enjoy your truck.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Working for my state DOT, we buy a lot of Supercabs for the room when its a single operator. Every one we pdi from the dealer has poor door alignment. Beds are also not lined up with the cab... piddly shit that a professional factory should not let leave before its adjusted.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
My 17 has never left me stranded but its been nothing but a headache so far. The parts they are using these days are cheap and the QC at Ford has gone down hill over the years. Here are a few things I have gone through on my 17:
- Numerous recalls, cant count how many times I have had to take it in. Latest one was reprogramming for cam phasers, truck will more than likely need new cam phasers installed.

- Door handles froze last winter and my doors would not shut. Took it to dealer and they performed the TSB on one door when I told them all 4 were not closing. I realize this is a dealer issue but the fact we have this issue in the first place is not impressive. More than likely my truck will be back at the dealer this winter to fix the other doors.

- Dash is warped from heat under windshield, does not bother me as I dont notice but the fact Ford knows about this and has done nothing is concerning.

- APIM replaced under warranty, 10 months later the new APIM craps out....... now out of warranty. I am not able to use GPS or bluetooth since the system is so laggy and it freezes constantly. I'm not about to dish out money on a product that's more than likely going to fail several months later.

- Truck was overheating on long drives, coolant temps would get in the low 240s and the fans were always on high. Ford said this is normal and blamed me for swapping in a new lower grill stating I changed the air flow, complete BS. I changed out the thermostat myself and problem fixed. The max coolant temp I see when towing is 210 now...... yeah Ford it was my lower grill.

- Truck has always had a shutter at 1200 RPMS when under load. Again Ford says this is normal and they see nothing wrong with it. I love cruising through my neighborhood feeling a slight vibration throughout the truck......

- Oil plan has started to leak where it seals to block. I guess this is common with the composite oil pans but looks like ill be back at the dealer again to have it resealed on my next oil change.

All this over 41k miles. The truck drives smooth and I like it but once my 60K mile powertrain warranty is up this thing will more than likely be sold. I will catch crap for this but im highly considering jumping ship over to the new Tundra. I had an 07 years back and while it guzzled gas it was damn reliable and no issues.

Hopefully my truck is one of the few but as I searched forums all of the above problems seem to be common. OP I hope the dealer takes care of your issues and you get to enjoy your truck.

I had a few similar issues with my 15 F150. It came to a head when my wiring harness to the ABS pump burnt up and Ford couldn't tell me why. This was at 50K miles. The harness was on nation wide backorder with no end in sight. Had a shop fix it and traded it in.

It pained me but I traded it in on a new Tacoma (19) after only owning Fords my 25 years of driving. Tacoma has it's quirks too but overall they're reliable.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
So what truck out there is actually worth buying these days???

Had a 2012 Ram 2500 I bought new and thought it would be great.

1. Ball joints went out at 19,000 miles, then again at 48,000 miles. Stock wheels BTW.

2. Puddle lamps on mirrors don’t last more than two years.

3. 3rd brake light leaked and filled the cab with water at 15,000 miles

4. The can filled with water again… bad seam seal that had an air pocket in it that popped. Truck was at dealer for 2 months. It got all new carpet and underlayment. This was at 28,000 miles I think

5. Poor paint quality on both sides of the bed sides toward the cab.

Other than that…

My Ford 2017 Ford F-250:

1. Death wobble at 50,000 miles! Stock wheels and stock size tires. Thanks again PMF Suspension for fixing something Ford won’t fix.

2. Drivers side door alignment issue. I corrected it because it drove me nuts.

3. One of the horns quit working at 48,000 miles. Big truck, tiny horn issues… lol

Time to try a GMC/Chevrolet? A truck with a wax coated frame?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
So what truck out there is actually worth buying these days???

Had a 2012 Ram 2500 I bought new and thought it would be great.

1. Ball joints went out at 19,000 miles, then again at 48,000 miles. Stock wheels BTW.

2. Puddle lamps on mirrors don’t last more than two years.

3. 3rd brake light leaked and filled the cab with water at 15,000 miles

4. The can filled with water again… bad seam seal that had an air pocket in it that popped. Truck was at dealer for 2 months. It got all new carpet and underlayment. This was at 28,000 miles I think

5. Poor paint quality on both sides of the bed sides toward the cab.

Other than that…

My Ford 2017 Ford F-250:

1. Death wobble at 50,000 miles! Stock wheels and stock size tires. Thanks again PMF Suspension for fixing something Ford won’t fix.

2. Drivers side door alignment issue. I corrected it because it drove me nuts.

3. One of the horns quit working at 48,000 miles. Big truck, tiny horn issues… lol

Time to try a GMC/Chevrolet? A truck with a wax coated frame?

If Chevy/GMC still offered the 496 Vortech, Id take a look at the GMC version. As is, I wont touch a Direct Gas Injection only engine.

If the Tundra was offered in a 3/4 ton version with a bigger engine, Id absolutely put it at the top of the list to check out. Id prefer the Godzilla, but id take a OHC Toyota V8 without reservation.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You guys need to go work in a body shop for a year or so. All brands have cars come off the line that are shit and have poor fit and finish. We're used to the products being flawless before they leave the factory but that just isn't the case. Majority of the cars have paint flaws somewhere on the vehicle and some are just worse than others. It's not necessarily an excuse to sell poor quality, but you just get used to it and expect to find flaws somewhere.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
2021 XLT Supercrew here and i just went around mine to see if i have the same issues and they line up perfectly. Wonder if the truck was damaged in shipping?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It's not qualities job, or as some of you say "QC's" job to make the vehicle to print. They inspect and verify/check what they're told to check.
It's production's job to make it to print. Production is failing and quality is an accessory to it.

IMHO, the chyna virus is a contributing factor to poor quality, but ultimately it's productions job to have a robust process that builds it to print. Period.

BTW, for those of you who are familiar with them, I've seen PPAPs railed through just to get them done. A mere check in the box. Some because a snot-nosed punk who graduated from Notre Dame said so.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
glad they got it fixed for ya. At least you can't see the spray lines on it with polarized glasses like my friend's model 3

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Body shop fixed my truck, 1000x better!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Good to hear. That door and tailgate looked terrible!

I'll post a pic of my mustang later... the rear bumper on the drivers side is not even clipped all the way into the unibody. Pushing on it to clip it in does nothing. Came that way from the dealer but I've just lived with it and said eff it because i wanted the car so bad when i bought it.

Ford's quality control is pure trash now days.. it's sad. One of the main reasons i bought a new Ram HD instead of a powerstroke Ford (which i would have loved).

Users who are viewing this thread