My new 2021 F-150 quality issues...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well the body shop said the tailgate might move in a little, but not completely. The door he said will be no problem.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

SilverStreak02

Established Member
Welcome to bidens Ford.
At this point I would not purchase a Ford. I do not trust them anymore. I’d get a Ram or a Chevy first and only in a V8.
That’s where I’m at as well. Ford’s quality has been declining for a while now. I’ve been unhappy with 3 out of the last 4 Ford’s I’ve owned. I switched to RAM and am truly happy with the decision. I first had a 2021 1500 Limited (that the wife now owns) and recently stepped up to the TRX. MUCH better than my 2018 Raptor in many ways.
914B963B-681C-4A24-9814-B65084E9DE6E.jpeg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
And another little thing that irritates me. Ford now doesn't offer a owners manual in a book version. Well I was told I could buy one....

It's programed on the touch screen. I don't feel like sitting in my truck reading and scrolling through it. And I assume the truck needs to be running. Just where I want to be in the winter when it's -20 degrees outside.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That’s where I’m at as well. Ford’s quality has been declining for a while now. I’ve been unhappy with 3 out of the last 4 Ford’s I’ve owned. I switched to RAM and am truly happy with the decision. I first had a 2021 1500 Limited (that the wife now owns) and recently stepped up to the TRX. MUCH better than my 2018 Raptor in many ways. View attachment 1713732
I just built one as I would like it, about the same price as a Raptor and the Supercharged V8 would be amazing. Interior is wicked. Sigh.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
In last 3 months I've had 5 SuperDuty's, 1 Explorer St and 1 F150 with paint issues... One I couldn't believe how bad it left the factory. The Paint Engineer from the Kentucky Plant actually emailed me for what color primer this vehicle below had.

Look at the paint on this F450 Limited.... Close to 100,000$

image002.jpg
image004 (2).jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
In last 3 months I've had 5 SuperDuty's, 1 Explorer St and 1 F150 with paint issues... One I couldn't believe how bad it left the factory. The Paint Engineer from the Kentucky Plant actually emailed me for what color primer this vehicle below had.

Look at the paint on this F450 Limited.... Close to 100,000$

View attachment 1713734 View attachment 1713735
WOW that's completely messed up!!! I'm actually speechless.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And another little thing that irritates me. Ford now doesn't offer a owners manual in a book version. Well I was told I could buy one....

It's programed on the touch screen. I don't feel like sitting in my truck reading and scrolling through it. And I assume the truck needs to be running. Just where I want to be in the winter when it's -20 degrees outside.

There should be an owner's manual in the glovebox, top shelf.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
There should be an owner's manual in the glovebox, top shelf.
My salesman/friend showed me there wasn't and it's all digital on the display screen.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My salesman/friend showed me there wasn't and it's all digital on the display screen.

Oh you're talking about the full manual. There is a supplemental guide in there that's probably 60-70 pages. I'd be more than happy to email you the pdf version if you PM me your email address. It's 703 pages.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh you're talking about the full manual. There is a supplemental guide in there that's probably 60-70 pages. I'd be more than happy to email you the pdf version if you PM me your email address. It's 703 pages.
You are correct! I just found the little supplemental owners guide.

I appreciate your help, I'll pm you.

MG0h3

Established Member
The bottom of all 4 doors on my 2015 were flared out from the body. I had a paint run down the top edge of the back door. I also passed on many many used 2015+ models because I initially believed most were wrecked at some point due to the front bumper gap to the fender being off on nearly everyone I looked at. I then realized the new ones were the same way.

My work truck is a 15’ 150 and the rear doors flare out at the bottom. Thought it was from the extensive off road driving I do but guess not

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
LOLOLOLOLOL

Rather buy from Government Motors or a Dutch company? Makes sense.
Yeah cause Ford is 100% Americana. You almost sound like a Ford salesman and salesmen never lie.
I buy what ever product I like best. Who ever makes the best quality and the best product. I am loyal to no one or no country. In fact I’m saving up to buy a Germanic car. Because I deem them to be the best. Just my opinion.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
That’s where I’m at as well. Ford’s quality has been declining for a while now. I’ve been unhappy with 3 out of the last 4 Ford’s I’ve owned. I switched to RAM and am truly happy with the decision. I first had a 2021 1500 Limited (that the wife now owns) and recently stepped up to the TRX. MUCH better than my 2018 Raptor in many ways. View attachment 1713732
I don’t care what anyone says. That truck is the top of the food chain. Blows away the rapture in every way.

Not a typo for you country folk.

railroad

Established Member
Man, what has happened? I bought a '13 F150 Lariat Super Crew and a GT 500 in the same year. Paint and fit on both are without issue. I clay barred and sealed both by hand, so I know the paint. The body panels all line up and fit. I thought all of this was so automated it was a non issue.
I do have a 99 Mustang Cobra that I had to rub out to get the paint to look decent.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah cause Ford is 100% Americana. You almost sound like a Ford salesman and salesmen never lie.
I buy what ever product I like best. Who ever makes the best quality and the best product. I am loyal to no one or no country. In fact I’m saving up to buy a Germanic car. Because I deem them to be the best. Just my opinion.

Whatever floats your boat Bruno.

My dad's Huracan Performante had the nicest fit/finish I've seen.

Man, what has happened? I bought a '13 F150 Lariat Super Crew and a GT 500 in the same year. Paint and fit on both are without issue. I clay barred and sealed both by hand, so I know the paint. The body panels all line up and fit. I thought all of this was so automated it was a non issue.
I do have a 99 Mustang Cobra that I had to rub out to get the paint to look decent.

It's hit or miss.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I did have to adjust the door catch on the drivers side front door of my 2017 F-250. You could see where the door wasn’t shutting all the way. But after doing that, drivers side front door window sill on the bottom side no longer lines up with the drivers side rear window sill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread