My new 2011 Sterling Grey GT

CobraHuck

Established Member
Been looking around for a mustang for a while now. Was originally looking for an SN95 Cobra, couldn't find a decent one. Then moved to a Terminator, but couldn't get financed at a rate I liked. Looked at '13s but didn't wanna spend that much.

Then I ran across this gem at a Dodge dealer the next town over. They'd just reduced it 3 grand down to $25.9k so I figured I'd check it out. Traded my truck and negotiated a little and got it for $21.6k out the door.

-2011 Sterling Grey GT 5.0 6-speed 3.73
-19k miles, one owner, immaculate and stock
-Brembo package, 19's
-Group 401A (I call it the Pony interior) with the striped leather, aluminum/chrome trim, SYNC, Shaker 500

It's got every option I wanted except NAV and the big spoiler/side scoops but I'll add the spoiler/scoops later. Drove it around alot tonight, these pirelli's are sticky as crap! And I averaged 23mpgs :dancenana:

COYOTE126.jpg

COYOTE130.jpg

COYOTE132.jpg

COYOTE135.jpg

COYOTE137.jpg

I've noticed it does have a little bit of a knock at idle, almost like piston slap but I can occasionally feel it in the shifter. Is this common? Should I take the car to ford to get them to look at it? Thanks guys!

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
Thanks guys! I'm loving it so far, this thing is fasttttt!! I'll probably take it into ford either next weekend or the one after (so busy right now, just have to see when I have time) to get it looked at or like kustom said, at least documented. It didn't do it after the test drive or even on the way home, only after I'd driven it for a couple hours, so I thought it was kinda weird

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
That knock sounds like it could be the stretchy belt on the AC. They put a new timing cover on and a idler pulley to put tension on the belt and it eliminates the knock.

CobraHuck

Established Member
^Just read something about that today, also my buddy found something saying it could possibly be a timing chain tensioner. Been enjoying the car too much to really pin point where the noise is coming from, just taken a few quick looks. Doesn't seem to affect the car at all, just makes a little noise. I'll try to diagnose it better next weekend hopefully

CobraHuck

Established Member
Nice find, Sterling Gray is pimp!
That it is!!

Good looking car. Grey is the fastest color. :D
Amen! Actually though, other than the couple rich old guys with lambos/ferrari's, I am one of the fastest cars in town, even being stock.

Congrats! Great looking 5.0 you got there. :beer:
Thanks!!

Damn, that's a killer price. She needs some factory hids though!
Yeah, I would've been stupid to pass up this deal. I'll pass on the factory HIDs, don't really care for the way they look on the 10-12's. I like em on the '13s but not on these. I've got a set of HIDs on the way tho :rockon:

turd burglar

Established Member
Also needs cs front valance and billet grille! I wish there was more options available for the '13 front end, but it's still early in their existence I suppose

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Congratulations on a GREAT deal in my favorite color...

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Great deal. Same car as me minus nav and hid's. I only got my car last November and already forgot it looked liked that!! Enjoy it!!

Users who are viewing this thread